• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Owner 1994 Brooklands Green / Tan

Well, the day has come, and rather sooner than I expected. Most of you know me from my NSX data analysis, and that whole project began with the far-off knowledge that I would someday be leveraging my findings when searching for my own NSX. At the beginning of the year though, it became a certainty when I resolved that this year would be the year I would find an NSX of my own. My favorite "attainable" color on the NSX is Brooklands Green (my all time favorite is Imola Orange, but I am in no position to buy one of those any time soon as those prices are headed to the stratosphere), especially with the tan interior, so I set my sights on one of those and got to work.

After I made my introductory analytics post, I gained access to an NSX source different from my usual channels. I started receiving private offers from among the members here, and I thank all of you who did so. Through these and other sources, NSX options came and went, some Brooklands, some not, some came close but I rejected them all for one reason or another. Doubt began to set in. Am I justified in rejecting a "perfect" NSX, that is flawed only in that it is not my preferred color combination? My data became both a blessing and a curse, because every day I saw the rise in prices looking back at me. What if the prices would rise beyond my reach by the time I found a perfect green? I knew I should stay strong and the right opportunity would present itself above all this doubt and turmoil. Sure enough, there came a shining light.

And now, I have caught the light and the chase is over. With Ben from Daisy Import Auto to advise me on the car with a PPI, I can now call this beautiful Brooklands Green on Tan NSX mine. The NSX Whisperer is presently tending to the car's needs and I have no doubt it will shine even brighter when his work is complete. A big thank you to Ben and his team.

The car is sitting at 76k miles now and I am more than ready to start writing the next chapter in its life.

20170424_101910.jpg

Here's a bonus shot from the kingdom of the NSX Whisperer:

20170424_113920.jpg

From a fellow Brooklands Green owner, I salute your decision. If you can get a paint correction done, then seal it...the car will sparkle for months on end!

Welcome to the club.

Congrats!

WELL done. Many happy smiles and miles. :smile:

Thank you for writing up your search story. Looking forward to more photos.

It takes a person of exquisite tastes to appreciate the subtleties of brooklands...:wink: to the rest of us it looks like a dirty berlina:tongue:

Welcome from another Brooklands green/tan owner. It really is a pretty combination.

A Leatherique treatment makes the tan leather look fabulous.

Last edited:
Here's my Brooklands Green after a detail.

Last edited:
Congrats! One day I will own a 94 brooklands green coupe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

congrats! Wow.. I believe I bought mine at 76k miles 10yrs ago :) Many many smiles since then.

What are your plans for it?

Very nice! I hope to keep mine for ten years and beyond. Right now the car is all stock expect for a Comptech exhaust, and I intend to keep it that way. I may do minor work like headers or intake in the future, but for now she will stay as she left the factory (plus extra exhaust sound goodness). I think there is no better wheel on the NSX than the gunmetal seven spokes.

Here's my Brooklands Green after a detail.

:cool: That is beautiful!

It takes a person of exquisite tastes to appreciate the subtleties of brooklands...:wink: to the rest of us it looks like a dirty berlina:tongue:

I'm perfectly accepting of that frame of mind; I'll never have to worry about losing it among the reds and blacks at a meetup :wink:

Welcome to the club. One of my favorite colors. Very understated.

I've never seen a green one..Come to think of it i only see one about every 6 months now a days and that's in L.A.

Welcome to the SE Michigan club! See you at the meets or at ping me if you ever want to go out for a drive near Hell, Michigan. Also, where and who is this NSX whisperer that you refer to?

Congrats from another new owner. If you think you love it now - give it a few weeks. You'll love it even more. I truly believe you know it when it's YOUR car - all the ones you missed just fade out of memory. Enjoy!!

Welcome to the SE Michigan club! See you at the meets or at ping me if you ever want to go out for a drive near Hell, Michigan. Also, where and who is this NSX whisperer that you refer to?

Thank you and will do! The "NSX Whisperer" is the name given by this forum to Ben Shaeffer at Daisy Import Auto Care. He is one of the top NSX technicians in the country and I could write a whole other thread about my experience with him. His knowledge and mastery of the NSX is thoroughly apparent. I've read some great stories about him here on Prime. He was only about a half hour from where I bought the car, so having him do the PPI and now the work to it was a no brainier.

Congrats from another new owner. If you think you love it now - give it a few weeks. You'll love it even more. I truly believe you know it when it's YOUR car - all the ones you missed just fade out of memory. Enjoy!!

I really like the sound of that, thank you for your wisdom.

Congrats! One day I will own a 94 brooklands green coupe

I wish you luck with your search! I am so happy that I held out for my number one preferred color combo. If you have questions about the value of a potential car, feel free to hit me up.

Congratulations, Chuck. I was going through one of our old emails and just noticed this...

I'm sure it will make other NSX owners turn Brooklands Green with envy!

I never knew that was your color :)

Congratulations, Chuck. I was going through one of our old emails and just noticed this...

I'm sure it will make other NSX owners turn Brooklands Green with envy!

I never knew that was your color :)

Shh, not too loud, you'll spoil my secret identity. :smile: Thank you skafia.

Welcome. I like the green a lot, especially seeing a few ones with some slight mods. You have a good guy up there Hass. If you ever see him tell him I said hello!

Thank you! I'll be sure to say hi when I run into him.

Back