• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New owner 2019 NSX - service visit tips

Hi, I just got a 2019 NSX with about 26,000 miles from out of state. First time Acura owner and first time NSX owner.

This week I'm taking it to my local dealer for a brake fluid flush. Any recommendations or suggestions?

Everything else seems to be fine based on the maintenance schedules posted here (thanks!) and on NSX Wiki.

There's a rattle noise coming from the steering wheel area. I found an "Engineering Request for Investigation" at https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2018/MC-10150279-0001.pdf and https://www.nsxprime.com/threads/instrument-cluster-noise-on-2020-nsx.217739/ which sounds similar. The car is still under the original warranty, so I plan to ask about this.

Modifications:
  • Fabspeed exhaust
  • Science of Speed downpipes
  • Sprint Booster v3
  • iLIFT front lift system
Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1998.jpg
    IMG_1998.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Welcome and congratulations. They’re incredible cars and so easy to live with.

This is late as you service visit is probably done by now.

From my recent service visits - change oil yearly (mine is due, and some follow the dash indicator and don’t do it yearly), twin motor flush, and brake fluid flush.

My carbon instrument cluster cover is making a little more noise on rough roads so might have them look at it, known issue so should be an easy fix.

Easy stuff… enjoy your car.

Thanks! They were able to sort out the noise from the steering wheel / airbag and flush the brake fluid while I waited.

The tech pointed out some other rattles from the instrument cluster cover area. Perhaps the same issue you mention. Though it requires extra time to fix, so I have to book another appointment.

Agree on the oil changes. Every year is a safe way to go. Too many things depend on the oil in this car. Otherwise the car is pretty bullet proof. The 12 volt battery is good for 4 years before changing out. Good idea to get a trickle charger if you plan on leaving it in the garage and not driving often. You can purchase via Amazon https://www.amazon.com/CTEK-40-206-5-0-12-Battery-Charger/ . It is equivalent to the factory trickle charger. You can even purchase a cable to attach directly to the battery and access via the front of the car or pop the hood. If your car came with a trickle charger there is a connection just under the glove box. Enjoy the car!

Thanks! They were able to sort out the noise from the steering wheel / airbag and flush the brake fluid while I waited.

The tech pointed out some other rattles from the instrument cluster cover area. Perhaps the same issue you mention. Though it requires extra time to fix, so I have to book another appointment.
Yes, same instrument cover area.

And good comments by drmanny3 about the battery. I just changed mine. Available at CostCo and easy to do. There’s a thread here on it.

Back