• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Owner 2021 Thermal Orange

Got the color matched charge pipes and SoS jb4 installed. Dropped a wrench and lost a bunch of time having to fish it out from the top of the gas tank with a magnet. Everything is just really tight on the drivers side. Getting to the left turbo charger sensor and charge pipe clamps is just really difficult. All is good now. Every single bolt and washer accounted for.

Attachments

• 2A6C8746-0118-41E6-B076-2CE5D115D150.jpg
    2A6C8746-0118-41E6-B076-2CE5D115D150.jpg
    316.4 KB · Views: 164
  • 1F5F62CD-F444-4C6D-97F5-18A1EF22959D.jpg
    1F5F62CD-F444-4C6D-97F5-18A1EF22959D.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
Got the color matched charge pipes and SoS jb4 installed. Dropped a wrench and lost a bunch of time having to fish it out from the top of the gas tank with a magnet. Everything is just really tight on the drivers side. Getting to the left turbo charger sensor and charge pipe clamps is just really difficult. All is good now. Every single bolt and washer accounted for.

i can remember in the old days where once you finished repairing the car you counted how many extra fasteners You had left. Trying to figure out where they went was challenging and often required taking the car apart again. So I would just hope it all held together. Today that technique would not work very well.

Last edited:
i'm so OCD that i have little bins i put the bolts into and have diagrams of where they go. in my early days of wrenching i didn't do that and it would drive me nuts having things leftover or missing

i'm so OCD that i have little bins i put the bolts into and have diagrams of where they go. in my early days of wrenching i didn't do that and it would drive me nuts having things leftover or missing

And it was always the worst situation where you had to take a bunch of stuff apart to get the bolt in.

Back