• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Owner: Atlanta GA

After 20 years of dreaming I finally purchased my NSX. 1992 that was originally sold in AL, then moved to IL and CO before coming back to AL where I purchased it.
104k miles, all maintenance completed within past 5k miles including TB/WP and transmission case half. I have no idea when the top was painted, but I would rather have it black again.

There is no "bad angle" to photograph an NA1...

My daily driver (I've always been a Honda Guy):

Even my Toyota race car is K-powered. : )

NSX, check. CTR, check. K-swapped racecar, check. Honda fanboy achievement unlocked.

You have an awesome garage, and congrats on the NA1!

I've gone back and forth about the black top, and while I think painting it body color makes it more modern looking, the body lines with the black top are also great to look at, and it's something distinct about the NA1. Do you plan on keeping it stock?

Also, welcome to the board!

My brain says "keep it stock" but my evil side says "make it faster". Stock for now - it makes glorious sounds near redline.

Is NSXPO always in AZ? I may have to make some time for the trip!

Georgia

My brain says "keep it stock" but my evil side says "make it faster". Stock for now - it makes glorious sounds near redline.

Is NSXPO always in AZ? I may have to make some time for the trip!
Congrats and welcome to Prime!

NSXPO rotates between coasts, typically. It's a different city each time. 2024 will be somewhere in the West again (maybe Denver...) ;).

IMHO, I think Honda got it right with the NSX formula, so I'm generally not in favor of big mods. I like the advice Tatsuru Ichishima of Spoon gave to new NSX owners: "Just put headers and a nice exhaust and enjoy the car- it really doesn't need anything else." Instead, focus on refreshing the 30-year old, tired systems. You won't believe what an early NSX on new shocks, bushings and rebuilt brakes feels like. Most if not all of the early cars are driving on tired, worn components, so owners never really get the full NSX experience. On my 92, all of the control arm bushings were hardened and torn- just from age and usage. The brakes were so rotted out that they were basically on/off. Again, age and usage. These are things that are not on the typical NSX maintenance schedule, but do need to be addressed. Engine mounts too. Something to think about... :)

Thanks for the warm welcome and advice. I'll start checking suspension bushings and motor mounts. Are the prothane-type bushing kits a reasonable way to go?

Thanks for the warm welcome and advice. I'll start checking suspension bushings and motor mounts. Are the prothane-type bushing kits a reasonable way to go?
The Prothane can work, but if you look at the thread on them and my build thread and @RYU's thread, you'll see that they need to be fitted- ideally with a lathe. It is NOT a plug and play installation and I would just not use them at all on the rear upper control arms. Use the Pride UCA bushings here.

The "middle" ground in terms of price is the pillowball sets sold by RFY and T3TEC. A word of caution though that these are basically solid bushings and NVH is going to go up with them. The car will be on rails though. :)

At the NSX Refresh Center in Japan, Honda replaces all of the suspension components instead of just the bushings. It's $$$$$, but the upside is that you get that showroom new feel and they will last another 30 years...

I shouldn't ask, but $$?
Not bad. About $370 each. The L/R rear subframe components (containing the lower arm bushings) are $$$$ though. Like $1,400 each plus shipping, which will be a lot because they are big pieces. I used the Prothane instead.

Congrats on the car! I heard NSXPO 2023 will be in Atlanta.

Hey, also in atlanta! join our local page on FB "NSX Atlanta"

Welcome to the owner's club. I live in Braselton, few owners in Buford Sugarhill area and few in the Marietta area.

Back