• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Owner! Brookland Green Bell Bi-Turbo

Hi Everybody

I found this forum a few weeks ago on the hunt for a NSX and I am overwhelmed of the knowledge here. So I like to join the club! :)

Short introduction of myself:
I am 34 Years old, I have a 4 year old son and I live in Basel, Switzerland.
Also I do own a few other cars like Datsun 240z 1970, Volvo 850 R 1996 and other stuff.

Story of the NSX:
2.owner
80'000km
Automatic Transmission with Paddleshift
Brooklands Green Pearl
100 % Original Paint
clean and really nice example
Original Swiss delivery, no Import
Full Service History etc.

Upgrades on the car:
Bell Bi-Turbo Kit 0.4 Bar / 400 HP
KW Variante 3 Coilovers
OZ Superleggera Wheels
Bigger Injectors
Custom ECU
Dual Intercooler Setup
and much more
complete Street legal

Futute steps:
Remove golden stripes (only stickers, no paint)
OEM Wheels
In need of a 6 Speed Transmission for Manual Swap. (Already found all the other small parts, only the 6 Speed is missing, maybe somebody can help me out?)

I hope you enjoy the Pics!

Looking forward to get some feedback about the Bell Bi-Turbo Kit.

All the best

IMG_2076.jpgIMG_0174.jpgIMG_2071.jpgIMG_2074.jpgIMG_0175.jpgIMG_0179.jpgIMG_1974.JPGIMG_1973.JPGIMG_1971.JPGIMG_1972.JPGIMG_2080.jpgIMG_2079.jpgIMG_0177.jpg

Welcome! What a nice NSX- I have never seen a Bell turbo kit before, so it is nice to have a new member to add to the knowledge base! Agree- those stripes need to go. :)

Salü Reinhard,

greetings to Basel from AG/LU.

When I read "brooklands green", I instantly knew the car has some OZ wheels in gold, the twin-stripes and is an AT :D
I know that car from tutti when I started looking for an NSX more regulary. I thought it had an supercharger-kit on it.

I was wondering who made the turbo-install and if it works with the transmission ..... and for sure: is it "MFK-fähig" :)

Grüessi,

Gordon

Salü Reinhard,

greetings to Basel from AG/LU.

When I read "brooklands green", I instantly knew the car has some OZ wheels in gold, the twin-stripes and is an AT :D
I know that car from tutti when I started looking for an NSX more regulary. I thought it had an supercharger-kit on it.

I was wondering who made the turbo-install and if it works with the transmission ..... and for sure: is it "MFK-fähig" :)

Grüessi,

Gordon

It is all street legal. The car has a proper "typenschein & DTC". After I fully understood in which league this car is, I had to buy it.

The Turbo install was done by Rikli Motorsport! Quiet famous! The Senior chef (VTec Champion) did the tune by himself. I want to visit them in april as well.

I always wondered whats it going to take, to SC or Turbo a car in our country. Since I just got numerous problems by having the car lowered 5mm to much, it was always unthinkable to F/I any car, that came N/A as standard, here in switzerland :)

I know Rikli quiet long. Since when I got my DC2 "new", I went on my first trackday in Dijon-Prenois with "Rikli Motorsports" as an organisator :)

So the car was not owned by Rikli, the built was just there? Do you know the reason the owner did the turbo-swap on an automatic?
Have you bought the car from the original owner?

Update! Good news!

Before the swap was started the car ran on the dyno and we saw the engine ran to lean. The injectors and AEM Management System were replaced with better and bigger units.
The first test drive few days ago went well!

The swap is finished and the car only needs some finetuning, because of a TCS Problem.
New Injectors and AEM System will be dialed in on the dyno in the upcoming week.

Stay tuned... :)

Welcome, and do continue to update your progress here on this very interesting NSX!

It looks like you are running the original Corky Bell setup with the small frame 53 series turbos and air-to-air intercoolers. At 400 horsepower, is that at the wheels? If so, you are at max capacity with that setup and probably not a sustained horsepower over any amount of time. Those intercoolers are restrictive and not big enough to cool your charge air at all. After a spirited run you can fry an egg on those. How do I know this? I had that same exact system years ago.

Sad update

The right side Aerocharger blew up. After a quick check it was clear that the bearings had oil starvation.
For now the kit will be dismantled and taken off the car until I can figure out what would be a good replacement for this kit.

I searched for days and did not find any parts to rebuild this Aerocharger.
It makes me really sad to go back to NA but at the moment I don't see any other solution.

Maybe I will buy the SOS Twin Turbo Kit, but first I have to figure out how I can meet the regulations with the stock catalyc converter.

to be continued

Here are some pics if anybody is interested how it looks from the inside:

Attachments

• Bell 1.jpg
    Bell 1.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Bell 2.jpg
    Bell 2.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Bell 3.jpg
    Bell 3.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Bell 4.jpg
    Bell 4.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Bell 5.jpg
    Bell 5.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Bell 6.jpg
    Bell 6.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 13
I have been running the SOS TT kit for three years and nearly 20k miles with minimal difficulty, and there are others on the forum who have triple the miles on the kit. I run it with high flow cats. I live in an area where emissions checks are required, but since I have a collector’s plate, I don’t have to endure them. I’m sure the process is much more difficult in your part of Europe.

@Reinhard - The issue could have been two-fold. First of all the 53 Series turbos can be overspun by applying too much boost. I surmise that by you pushing 400 rwhp you were against that limit. Secondly these turbos wick oil up to the ceramic bearings. It is a special oil that Aerocharger used to offer up for sale but thru my research have found out it is probably Mobil One SCH 630. The reservoir is much smaller on the 53's so you need to top them up a couple of times a year. It doesn't take much.

I have posted in the Vendor Section a new thread entitled "Aerocharger Update". There is a shop here in the states that does have some parts and is the only one I know of that can repair (with limited parts available} these turbos. Good luck.

Hi Swiss neighbor !
Nice little NSX. I knew it from when I was looking for mine but I ignored it was automatic. Very astonishing for a turboed car 😅
How do you advance on your manual conversion project?

awesome, it's way better now than when you bought it ! not only for the manual, but look-wise too ;)
it must have been some $$$ to swap it, but in the end I'm sure you've make a great deal from the price it was at the time when Bruno sold it.

Back