• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New owner of 1997 Red/Tan VIN: JH4NA2165VT000050

Greetings!

After a 14 year hiatus, I finally have an NSX in my garage again. Just got back this weekend from a trip down to GAS Motorcars in Marietta, GA to buy it. Made the six hour drive back to Southern Indiana with no issues.

I found several references to this car on NSX Prime and it looks like a pretty clean NSX - previously owned by prime member Billbert. It came with a folder full of maintenance records - mostly from Bill. The car is mostly original with the exception of an aftermarket exhaust (which sounds great), and 2002 wheels and rear tail lights. It's supposed to have one of those USA Spec Hon ipod adapters in it, but, so far, I haven't found it. The CD changer was removed, but included in a box with the car.

It's got a case of the "floaties" that I'll need to work out. The front end doesn't feel as connected to the road as I remember in my 2000 NSX. Looks like there are plenty of posts on here that provide help for that issue. The shocks and sway bar bushings were just replaced, so it's likely tie rod, tire, or alignment related.

I used to be a regular on these forums back in the early 2000's (can't remember what my old user id was so I created a new account) and I'm happy to see this community is still active.

Looking forward to being a part of the NSX community again.

20180526_193847.jpg

Matt

Welcome Back! beautiful NSX, love the red on tan I find it a very classy combo. I hear a lot of stories of ex NSX owners regretting selling their NSX and wanting one back.

lets try and figure out what your old prime name was...or maybe you don't want to remember:eek:....:wink:....welcome back.

Welcome back, Matt!
Nice looking NSX - the 2002-2005 NSX wheels look so very good on the older NSX's :smile:
Good looking home, as well.
Drive the stuffings out of it.

lets try and figure out what your old prime name was...or maybe you don't want to remember:eek:....:wink:....welcome back.

I figured it out. My old prime name was NSXForEver. My previous NSX was a Silverstone/Black 2000 VIN: JH4NA2163YT000049.

Just read through a few of my old posts. So far, I don't see anything I don't want to remember. :smile:

I figured it out. My old prime name was NSXForEver. My previous NSX was a Silverstone/Black 2000 VIN: JH4NA2163YT000049.

Just read through a few of my old posts. So far, I don't see anything I don't want to remember. :smile:

HaHa that would be something, if you wrote like a completely different person back then...how much tread is left on your front tire?

Just waiting for someone to ask you to sell those wheels.:biggrin: Welcome back and enjoy.

Welcome back. You need some period correct wheels for the call. Hit me up so I can take those later models off your hands. It won't hurt a bit.

(The above was a nod to Jinks.)

HaHa that would be something, if you wrote like a completely different person back then...how much tread is left on your front tire?

I'd estimate that the tread on the front tires is at least 50% - maybe more. Still quite a bit of tread left and they seem to be wearing pretty evenly. Based on the service records, they've been on there for at least 7000 miles. The rear tires are a little newer (the original rears replaced after 6700 miles). The car feels like it's been aligned for better tire wear. I switched to a more "neutral" alignment on my 2000 and noticed quite a difference in the handling. Tire wear really improved, though.

I'm planning to visit Gary Force Acura in Nashville (we don't have an Acura dealer here in Evansville, IN) to have them go over the car and check the alignment specs and the tie rods. Don't know if they still have a good NSX tech down there, though. Barney Demonbreun used to work there and he was great.

Welcome back. You need some period correct wheels for the call. Hit me up so I can take those later models off your hands. It won't hurt a bit.

(The above was a nod to Jinks.)

I think I'll stick with the later models. :smile: I like the period correct wheels too, though. The dealer told me the first "serious" buyer they had for the car bailed on it because they didn't have the original wheels. Bummer for him, but, good news for me!

Just waiting for someone to ask you to sell those wheels.:biggrin: Welcome back and enjoy.

I get the feeling I wouldn't have any trouble selling the 2002 wheels if I ever decided to put a different set of wheels on my NSX? :biggrin: You never know. I do like the BBS wheels I put on my Audi daily driver.

Welcome back, Matt!
Nice looking NSX - the 2002-2005 NSX wheels look so very good on the older NSX's :smile:
Good looking home, as well.
Drive the stuffings out of it.

Thanks! I'm torn between keeping the miles down for resale value and "driving the stuffing out of it". Right now, I'm leaning more towards enjoying the car and worrying about the value when I'm too old to get in and out of it. After the regret I felt since selling my last one, I don't think I'll be in a selling mood any time soon.

Thanks! I'm torn between keeping the miles down for resale value and "driving the stuffing out of it". Right now, I'm leaning more towards enjoying the car and worrying about the value when I'm too old to get in and out of it. After the regret I felt since selling my last one, I don't think I'll be in a selling mood any time soon.

Yep, always a dilemma .... keeping miles down for re-sale value = might as well have kept the funds in your 401K or stock market portfolio so you can pull out your filing cabinet drawer and fondle your investment statements, and dream. -OR- you can go out to your garage and fondle your NSX, and then drive it :biggrin: I went through this big-time when I purchased (new) my 2004 IOP/orange.........so few oranges made, rare, etc. I came to conclusion that if I wasn't going to drive it and enjoy it being driven then I might as well have kept the money invested. Plenty of miles on it now, and I believe the market would sustain it being worth about what I paid for it. I will take care of it until, as you stated, "I'm too old to get in and out of it."

ENJOY!

:smile:

Welcome back! Crazy -- I will be getting my new (actually my 3rd) NSX this weekend. Having sold my 2001 Silverstone / Black a couple of years ago and kicking myself in the butt ever since - found a 2000 Red / Tan with 25k miles on her. Can't wait to get back in the saddle. So will be back on Prime soon. Cheers! Jay

Back