• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New owner of a 2001 Spa Yellow NSX in San Antonio Texas!!

My dad and I set out about a month ago to find the perfect NSX. This vehicle would be for him as a nice retirement gift. I use to have a 1994 Blk/Blk one a few years ago and he always loved it. I still to this day regret selling that car. I thought this process would at least take a few months but we just happened to land on a great deal on a low mileage 2001. We looked at some 02+ models but my dad never took a liking to them so we decited to get the latest model that had the flip up head lights. I seriously didn't expect to find a 2001 with such low miles with all documentation so fast. We found a couple monaco blue ones but they had to high of miles on them. We really wanted something with less than 50,000 miles and close to stock.

This 2001 Spa yellow one hit the forums with only 30,000 miles so I called the guy the next day to find out the details. The car sounded like a great deal with all the service records dating back to the original owner. It also just had a clutch, timing belt and all the major maintence done with in the past 2 years. We hashed out a price, had the PPI done and now a week later it's nice and safe here in San Antonio Texas. My dad could not be happier with the car and cant wait to start enjoying it.

Now on to the Pictures.........

Here are some more when we recieved it.

Fantastic! I saw the ad for this car and thought to myself "What a great NSX and a great price" -- looks like a winner all the way around. Congrats -- love the smile on your Dad's face behind the wheel. Happens to all of us. Not many built in 2001 -- great purchase! Cheers, Jay

Thanks for the compliments. He really loves it. We went to a Friday night car meet up tonight already. I think it's safe to say he is hooked!!!

Blaine

Fantastic! I saw the ad for this car and thought to myself "What a great NSX and a great price" -- looks like a winner all the way around. Congrats -- love the smile on your Dad's face behind the wheel. Happens to all of us. Not many built in 2001 -- great purchase! Cheers, Jay

Blaine, it was great to meet your dad and see that gorgeous car at Biff's. That is a great find. I hope you guys can work it out to travel with us to NSXPO in October. See you at C&R in a couple weeks.

Congrats. Did your car come with the original window sticker? If not I've gone to great lengths to recreate a 2001 sticker. PM if you'd like a copy of it that you can modify for your own car. Should be easy since we have the same year and same color.

Very nice Spa Yellow, great year. I'm sure your dad will get lots of enjoyment from the car. Especially if he participates in car functions to where he can meet people.

I've noticed with the NSX that there are no end of people who have questions about the car. I took mine to the World of Wheels car show here this year and I had people participating in the show asking me what type of car it was, etc. Which kind of surprised me, but lots of people only follow Detroit iron. But there were some who knew what it was...

I didn't spend much time at the show with the car. I wish I had. I heard there were lots of people drooling over it.

So tell your dad to make sure he has plenty of microfiber cloths on hand to wipe all the drool off his new 2001 Spa Yellow NSX.

If I were to sell, I would look for the latest pop-up NSX too.

Congrats and thanks for sharing...

Man that car looks mint! I owned a Spa Yellow S2000 years ago and its a great color as long as you don't have to get any paint work done. The color is impossible to match!
Did the previous owner swap out the front emblem? I believe that is the 2002-2005 front emblem, but am not 100% positive. I hope your father lets you take this beauty out for some fun every now and then!

It did come with the original window sticker and all maintence records. We were very lucky. Thank you for the offer though!!!

Blaine

- - - Updated - - -

blaine, i guess he'll replace you for the craze!!!

We will definitly be coming to the Craze next year. Definitly looking forward to it. Good to hear from you.

Blaine

- - - Updated - - -

Very nice Spa Yellow, great year. I'm sure your dad will get lots of enjoyment from the car. Especially if he participates in car functions to where he can meet people.

I've noticed with the NSX that there are no end of people who have questions about the car. I took mine to the World of Wheels car show here this year and I had people participating in the show asking me what type of car it was, etc. Which kind of surprised me, but lots of people only follow Detroit iron. But there were some who knew what it was...

I didn't spend much time at the show with the car. I wish I had. I heard there were lots of people drooling over it.

So tell your dad to make sure he has plenty of microfiber cloths on hand to wipe all the drool off his new 2001 Spa Yellow NSX.

If I were to sell, I would look for the latest pop-up NSX too.

Congrats and thanks for sharing...

Thank you and I bought him a full detailing kit for the car for Father's Day :) I think we will detail it tommorow.

- - - Updated - - -

Man that car looks mint! I owned a Spa Yellow S2000 years ago and its a great color as long as you don't have to get any paint work done. The color is impossible to match!
Did the previous owner swap out the front emblem? I believe that is the 2002-2005 front emblem, but am not 100% positive. I hope your father lets you take this beauty out for some fun every now and then!

I think the front emblem was swapped out for the 2002+. I really like it over the stock one.

Blaine

Blaine, it was great to meet your dad and see that gorgeous car at Biff's. That is a great find. I hope you guys can work it out to travel with us to NSXPO in October. See you at C&R in a couple weeks.

We are certaintly going to try to make it to Expo. There are so many different car events coming up so I just have to decide where to spend my vacation. Look forward to hanging out.

Blaine

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats on the car, and sorry about the Spurs.

Thanks alot. They definitly should have closed it in game 6 :( Next year!!!

Blaine

WOW! Stunning! :)

Congrats

Blaine
congrats on your new car. Looks great. We are always excited to have another NSX in San Antonio. Please come out to some of the events a few of us attend. Looking forward to seeing the car in person. You may have the only yellow that I know of in town.
Congrats again.

Congrats. Great colour. Best year. Makes a great retirement gift. Ask me how I know. Many years of pleasure to come. Enjoy.

Nice car and welcome. :)

Super Sweet / Clean Ride ..... Love the smile on your Father's face!
Worth a Million Bucks! I've noticed a lot of Spa Yellows and Imola's
making there way to the Lone Star State this year! Should be a
great turnout at the next NSX Craze Austin!

Did your Pop open a Prime account yet?:wink:

Congrats & Enjoy!

T

Im trying to get him to understand what a forum is. He will come around. :)

I can't wait for the craze next year. Should be a great time like always.

Blaine

Back