• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New owner of a 91 Berlina black in France

Hello Guys,

I am Hadrien living in Paris, France and a fresh new owner of a 91 Berlina black NSX. It is a manual coupe.
I have been dreaming about owning one since I am a kid and now it happens. Gonna be delivered the car next week and planing then on driving it and roadtriping it a lot !

For the moment it has old aftermarket 16/17 inch, not my taste.
I am thinking about going back to the OEM 15/16 wheel set up with OEM rims or TE37. ( Does someone has a picture of a NSX with TE37 15/16 ? )

IMG_5913.jpg IMG_5914.jpg IMG_5919.jpg

Cheers everybody !

Attachments

• IMG_5913.jpg
    IMG_5913.jpg
    338.9 KB · Views: 259
Congratulation Hadrien . Welcome to the club. I still remember my first drive in NSX. It newer gets old. I hope that you gone have as many thumbs up on your trips as we have here in USA. Before you gone spend money on a new wheels, make sure that hoses were replaced and timing belt isn't original. Also shield for crank pulley would be a good idea.I'll be going to Paris this fall and drive to The NSX Club Europe Tour 2019 . You should sing up and meet other NSX nuts . Good luck with your new toy.

Welcome and nice to see that the car still is attractive to Europe people.

Congratulation Hadrien . Welcome to the club. I still remember my first drive in NSX. It newer gets old. I hope that you gone have as many thumbs up on your trips as we have here in USA. Before you gone spend money on a new wheels, make sure that hoses were replaced and timing belt isn't original. Also shield for crank pulley would be a good idea.I'll be going to Paris this fall and drive to The NSX Club Europe Tour 2019 . You should sing up and meet other NSX nuts . Good luck with your new toy.

Thanks a lot ! Timing belt, clutch and all fluid have been done 4month ago at an Honda dealer so I am all good with that !
I will definitely check The NSX Club Europe Tour, I have check with Honda France they are 5 NSX in Paris and around that get serviced annually. So we are a small club here compared to the US...

Hey ! I will definitely check this NSX Club Europe tour thanks for the tips. As for the car it just had a timing belt, water pump, clutch and all fluids service done at a Honda dealer so should be okay for a few miles like you guys say.

Congrats and welcome. What other cars do you have in your collection?

Thanks !
- Peugeot 205 GTI
- Peugeot 306 S16 Rallye
- RR Classic 3.9 Vogue SE
- Volvo 850R Estate red ( the one from the petrolicious video a few month ago )
- Lancia Delta Integrale Evo1
- Austin Mini Stage 4
- Merc R107 560sl
- E30 325i Touring

But now that I got the NSX i am gonna streamline a bit and take of 3-4 cars very well and drive them more. I mostly use the Volvo for long trips, the Austin as a parisien daily and the 306 for short blast on small roads.

Hello guys,

I finally pick up the car and did 1000km already ! I am in love with it !! Just want to make it perfect now...

From what i saw already :

- I have the ALB light coming on as soon as my abs pump stops pumping after 2min ( 2min after startup ). I did like 10min of locking wheel in the rain but no result, so i brought the car to Honda for a brake bleed.
The car has been siting for a long time and did only 2000miles in 10years.

- My car is doing a very slight vibration when i accelerate from 800 to 1500rpm. Just this range, after it is all butter smooth and my idle is smooth.
I read somewhere that it could be the engine mount misaligned ? I have a weird exhaust so i think it is that touching something.

- I found the original radio unit which mine was lacking, but the the door speakers aren't working, instead of remaking those i might go with an aftermarket setup cause at least it won't brake down agin in 2 years.

- My clutch is very heavy and sticky, the clutch has been changed 10years ago and i believe the fluid has never been bleed since then, so i asked Honda to do it, they were shocked at how heavy it was ( they have 5 nsx for service every year so kinda know the car ).

- For the rear light i do have a question. Is it normal that i have only the two exterior light on ? I see so many NSX with the full bar light up at night, is it a mod ?

Otherwise it is been amazing, noise and everything is crazy. Few pics below the oem rims are going back on soon.

View attachment 159901View attachment 159905View attachment 159906

Hello Guys,

It has a been a few weeks now since i got the cars. Did 1000km already, love it !
I want to make it perfect now so brings me on to a few questions :

- I have a slight vibration when i accelerate from 800 to 1400rpm, after that it is all buttery smooth, no vibration in the steering wheel whatsoever, just when i slightly press the accelerator.
I have an aftermarket exhaust which could be vibrating and touching something ? Other wise I have heard of top engine mount being not centered and making vibration at idle, i don't have a lot at idle just from 800 to 1400rpm.

- My ALB light comes on after 2min of starting the car up, pump goes alive then switch off after 120seconds and the light turns on. From reading on the forum i guess it is the pump solenoid that is stuck right ?
My car has been used 2000miles in 10years so pretty sure it is this. I have ask Honda to bleed the brakes ( maybe they haven't been bleed in 10years ), i also did a few locking tyres in the rain but didn't do anything.

- I picked up an original working radio unit, but both my door speakers are dead, instead of repairing them and failing on me again in 2 years wouldn't that be simpler to put aftermarket stuff ? Anyone did that ?

- AC is not showing on the fan unit, i tried everything but i can't make it turned on. Also i can only control the fan speed after the car is warm like 20min ( before it is just full or minimum ). I guess i have to rebuilt the unit right ?

The car is now at Honda for a good service before summer.

- Last question, is it normal that i just have my two furthest light on at night ? Isn't it supposed to be the whole rear tail light ?

Here are a few pics in Paris :

IMG_1885.jpg

IMG_1694.jpg

IMG_1725.jpg

Hello Guys,

It has a been a few weeks now since i got the cars. Did 1000km already, love it !
I want to make it perfect now so brings me on to a few questions :

- I have a slight vibration when i accelerate from 800 to 1400rpm, after that it is all buttery smooth, no vibration in the steering wheel whatsoever, just when i slightly press the accelerator.
I have an aftermarket exhaust which could be vibrating and touching something ? Other wise I have heard of top engine mount being not centered and making vibration at idle, i don't have a lot at idle just from 800 to 1400rpm.

- My ALB light comes on after 2min of starting the car up, pump goes alive then switch off after 120seconds and the light turns on. From reading on the forum i guess it is the pump solenoid that is stuck right ?
My car has been used 2000miles in 10years so pretty sure it is this. I have ask Honda to bleed the brakes ( maybe they haven't been bleed in 10years ), i also did a few locking tyres in the rain but didn't do anything.

- I picked up an original working radio unit, but both my door speakers are dead, instead of repairing them and failing on me again in 2 years wouldn't that be simpler to put aftermarket stuff ? Anyone did that ?

- AC is not showing on the fan unit, i tried everything but i can't make it turned on. Also i can only control the fan speed after the car is warm like 20min ( before it is just full or minimum ). I guess i have to rebuilt the unit right ?

The car is now at Honda for a good service before summer.

- Last question, is it normal that i just have my two furthest light on at night ? Isn't it supposed to be the whole rear tail light ?

Welcome and congratulations. I can't imagine how rare that car is for a city the size of Paris. It you experience anything like I do in the United States (the Denver, Colorado area) it will always draw attention and you won't lack for people wanting to stop and talk with you.

I did notice some of your questions and I'll tackle the ABS question here and direct you to a series of posts I have made in the NSX OWNERS GROUP on Facebook. I do the Friday "Tech Tip" series and right now I'm dealing with the ABS systems - including upgrades and maintenance (specifically for the 91-92 ABS modulator). Since your ABS pump is running for 2 minutes and then stopping and triggering the ABS light, you have significant internal leakage/failed (or stuck) pressure switch/failed nitrogen accumulator that is preventing the system from reaching proper pressure. If the system isn't at pressure by 2 minutes, it will stop the pump and trigger the light - that is to prevent overheating and damaging the pump.

Tomorrow (February 11, 2022) I'll be talking about some basic "maintenance" of the ABS system to include trying to flush the solenoids and a video on taking apart, cleaning, doing new o-rings, and re-assembling the ABS modulator to try and fix the leak by. And last week (posted on February 4, 2022) I discussed the various ABS upgrade options...the simple fact is that if you can't fix your modulator with some flushing and maybe a disassembly/cleaning/new o-rings, it may be cheaper to upgrade than try and rebuild a 30 year-old ABS modulator.

I have also posted my thoughts from a 20+ year (now 21+ year owner) in this thread that has plenty of links and resources that can help new (and long-time) NSX Owners...

Hks?

Thanks all for the answers ! Didn't saw them !

To give some news on my car it has been through a lot of things! I used it quite a lot about 10.000miles in 2 years ( considering i own 15 cars it is the most used of the lot ).

I was initially going to sell it and buy an NSX-R, but the rhd in a lhd country didn't motivated me much. I instead decided in going the NSX-R route myself !

I then did the following :
- New pulley damper + protection
- All bushings
- BC Racing swift springs 8/10
- Rebuild the brakes + pads + disks + lines
- Front nsxr bars
- Front nsxr sway
- Mishimoto rad
- all fuel and water pipe/lines
- Non compliance rear toe link and pillow bushing ( the best mod so far )
- full pride system, headers/cats/v2
- Prodrive 17/17 wheels
- Type S alignement
- Lithium Battery
- All sorts of weight saving aprox 200lbs already.
- JDM rear lights mod
- OEM french yellow nsx headlight ( rarest nsx part ever made i believe only 30 for the 91 years french market )

Coming soon with parts i have in stock and will install soon :
- NSXR R&P
- NSX JDM GEARS
- NSXR diff plate
- Toda lgfw
- Billet alternator holder
- Carbon front and rear bumper beams
- NA2 Abs
- Some more weight saving

Can't wait to have all the parts installed, it is by far my favorite car ( I even prefer it to my 997 3,8 RS ) !

Here are a few pictures, i even went to the alps with it and my skis on the roof.

Cheers guys !

Back