• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

new owner

Bah, who needs AC/heat. Save your money. Jerk everything out and have yourself a decent weekend driver/track car.:biggrin:

I'd seriously consider this at least. No one is going to pay premium for a car that had an electrical fire-even one fully restored with $xx,xxx put back in to it. I can only imagine the issues you will have with wiring behind the dash, A/C, radio wiring, etc.

I would have ripped that dash, the ac compressor, heater core, all that junk out the first weekend. It's going to be a very long and expensive process piecing that all back together, if you go for it best of luck! Getting odors out without a complete strip down to the aluminum is going to be tricky as well

a little update. basically everything is pulled out right now. turns out it wasnt an electrical fire which is AMAZING :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

NO wiring is affected throughout the car...damage was only on the outer parts of the interior..purely cosmetic..

im so happy right now lol

You got lucky, that or you have more skill in discerning damage then me [probably both]. Congrats, it'll be a big accomplishment when it's all done. If worst comes to worse just leave it stripped and sell it to me.

I'd seriously consider this at least. No one is going to pay premium for a car that had an electrical fire-even one fully restored with $xx,xxx put back in to it. I can only imagine the issues you will have with wiring behind the dash, A/C, radio wiring, etc.

I would have ripped that dash, the ac compressor, heater core, all that junk out the first weekend. It's going to be a very long and expensive process piecing that all back together, if you go for it best of luck! Getting odors out without a complete strip down to the aluminum is going to be tricky as well

was not an electrical...we found out what it really was

supposedly when the car was sitting at the auction...the guards were doing fireworks for the fourth...and one fell in the car....yeppp i know....but EXCELLENT. no wiring was affected.

Last edited:
Back