• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

new owner

hey everyone! i just bought a 1997 red nsx-t, other car is a 1998 bmw 540i/6..the nsx needs some work. i need to buy a driver door, and replace some interior as it was stolen...

what are some good NSX websites for interiors/exteriors/ and some mods? :smile:

any good help would be appreciated..as im Definitely looking forward to my new project car :cool:

Attachments

• Image061.jpg
    Image061.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 77
  • Image060.jpg
    Image060.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 626
OEM parts 101...

are all year interior parts compatible?
That is correct. Only noticeable difference through the years have been changes in the leather-surface (perforated on later model's steering-wheel, seat-cushions, door-inserts), color of the driver's instrument-cluster background (dark-bluish on later models), center-armrest/storage bin (went from single-opening w/ emblem to double-opening & no emblem), shift-knobs, and perhaps other minute details.

Additional sources of spare OEM parts are...

- ERZ (www.alltypeauto.com)

5979 Funston St
Hollywood, FL 33023
954-3229901

[email protected]

- H&A Recycling (www.harecycling.com)

4646 South Chestnut Ave, #109
Fresno, CA 93725

888-266-0123 / 559-266-0123

[email protected]

hmmm...thanks for the help guys...

i just basically need to find the WHOLE black interior. car had a small electrical fire in which only the interior was affected before it was put out. car is in the process of getting the wire problem fixed. exterior just needs a driver door and rocker panel. got an amazing deal so everything will be worth it

First off, welcome!!!

Where are you from, or better yet, where is the car? That might make it easier to find a good body shop.

My chioce;
D-Vation Auto Design almost completely re-fabed my car, interior and exterior. The interior was done with the SOS CF kit, custom suede accents and new leather on the seats (and a few other parts), and a carbon fiber looking leather accenting the seats.

Charlie Aguirre owns it. He only took two months, which included a complete repaint (also had some body work removing dents and removing the door key holes), new keyless entry alarm, new interior, lowering springs, wheels, and some custom fabricated parts like metal protective grills, a engine hatch (cover) with plexi glass and suede that matches the interior on the engine hatch and molded the front spoiler (lip) to the rest of the front end to give it a much cleaner look. He is creating "D-Vation NSX" as a division that is specializing in only NSX's. He did an amazing job on my car in a very short time frame, given all the work he did.

Here are a few pics of my car now. It was, I'd say about a 6/10 before

DV-NSXArmRestLogo.jpg

DV-NSXConsole.jpg

DV-NSX1.jpg

You can find them here. If you decide to give them a try, let Charlie know that you are a NSX Prime Member.

First off, welcome!!!

Where are you from, or better yet, where is the car? That might make it easier to find a good body shop.

My chioce;
D-Vation Auto Design almost completely re-fabed my car, interior and exterior. The interior was done with the SOS CF kit, custom suede accents and new leather on the seats (and a few other parts), and a carbon fiber looking leather accenting the seats.

Charlie Aguirre owns it. He only took two months, which included a complete repaint (also had some body work removing dents and removing the door key holes), new keyless entry alarm, new interior, lowering springs, wheels, and some custom fabricated parts like metal protective grills, a engine hatch (cover) with plexi glass and suede that matches the interior on the engine hatch and molded the front spoiler (lip) to the rest of the front end to give it a much cleaner look. He is creating "D-Vation NSX" as a division that is specializing in only NSX's. He did an amazing job on my car in a very short time frame, given all the work he did.

Here are a few pics of my car now. It was, I'd say about a 6/10 before

DV-NSXArmRestLogo.jpg

DV-NSXConsole.jpg

DV-NSX1.jpg

You can find them here. If you decide to give them a try, let Charlie know that you are a NSX Prime Member.

hey! and thank you!

i already know electrical parts def have to be replaced...but do you think the console, dash, door panels and seats are reparable by that shop? or for the price to repair am i better off buying a whole interior used

i already know electrical parts def have to be replaced...but do you think the console, dash, door panels and seats are reparable by that shop? or for the price to repair am i better off buying a whole interior used

I'd say let Charlie take a look at it. He is really trying to make a name for himself in this community and will give you his best price for your support. If not, he knows of two totalled NSX's that he can probably get the interior from.

I'd say let Charlie take a look at it. He is really trying to make a name for himself in this community and will give you his best price for your support. If not, he knows of two totalled NSX's that he can probably get the interior from.

do you have a phone number? im thinking that'll be more effective than email. this is all so exciting

also are there any replica nsx-r parts out there? i dont want to pay dealer premiums on a spoiler

Wow, that looks like a painful task at hand. Good luck resurrecting that. I'm sure with some $$$ and some patience, you will be able to piece it back together.

Btw, where are you located? And where did you purchase your car?

Good luck,
- Z

attachment.php

Wow. That looks like you'll need a whole new interior. Get with Ravi over at umbrella (listed above) and he can help you with getting a whole new interior.

do you have a phone number? im thinking that'll be more effective than email. this is all so exciting

also are there any replica nsx-r parts out there? i dont want to pay dealer premiums on a spoiler

512-317-0392 is Charlie's cell. He has a guy, John, that has over 20 years experience with interiors. Tell him Luis sent you.

You know, since you have to re-do it, you can also consider hving a new dash done in fiber glass (custom), padded, and covered in new leather. There are some pics of a guy who did that on the photo gallery thread.

attachment.php

Holy cr@p. That wasn't just a little fire, the interior is gutted. You are looking at spending at least $7,500 for the parts if you can find good used one's.

Bah, who needs AC/heat. Save your money. Jerk everything out and have yourself a decent weekend driver/track car.:biggrin:

Just drive it around as is. It's perfect for Halloween.:biggrin:

Seriously, though, I'm glad to see you bring this one back. It certainly is a golden opportunity to totally re-do exactly the way you want it. Can't wait to see before/after shots.

hey everyone! i just bought a 1997 red nsx-t, other car is a 1998 bmw 540i/6..the nsx needs some work. i need to buy a driver door, and replace some interior as it was stolen...

what are some good NSX websites for interiors/exteriors/ and some mods? :smile:

any good help would be appreciated..as im Definitely looking forward to my new project car :cool:

A race/sport interior might be cheaper (will look nicer just love Type-S and R interiors)

Good luck with your project!

Last edited:
Grats on the car, good luck with the work, and welcome to Prime. :smile:

Couple people said it already that getting a custom job might be cheaper than going OEM. So long as the car runs well, interior shouldn't be much of a hassle.

a little update. basically everything is pulled out right now. turns out it wasnt an electrical fire which is AMAZING :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

NO wiring is affected throughout the car...damage was only on the outer parts of the interior..purely cosmetic..

im so happy right now lol

already have seats, door panels coming on the way, same with carpets...need to source center console and dash, climate control, steering wheel and that steering column surround with the controls on it. hmmm

heres some pics

excuse the dusty engine lol

IMG_1489.jpg

IMG_1491.jpg

IMG_1493.jpg

IMG_1500.jpg

IMG_1498.jpg

IMG_1495.jpg

IMG_1492.jpg

WOW, it looks like you really lucked out although the parts you mentioned missing are still pretty expensive pieces unless you know someone who is willing to let them go for a whole lot less then what they cost new.

Back