• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Owner

Big thanks to Brian for taking me for a thrill ride in his '91 NSX....and then taking the time to look over the silver car, pointing out all the little things that might be wrong, could be bad, or might need fixing. The car passed in his book, and mine....

And I'm now a proud owner of a '91 NSX! It's been an exciting evening....and I can't wipe the smile off my face!
:biggrin:

Congratulation!!

If you have time to stop by at PR on 8/18, you could see nsx's actions on track.

Are you going to join us at the Mt. Baker Drive on the 27th?? If you haven't done so, PM Ronsxtc and have him put you on attendence list. You will have fun... and I know him, he'll be thrilled to see another silver nsx.

So, what did Brian say about the clutch??

I actually think I'm busy the weekend of the 27th. It's tough with summer winding down, most of my weekends are booked. I'll be sure to make it to one of the next events, when I have time to write it down on a calendar and same time for it.

Brian said the clutch was fine. After driving it again, it felt pretty good to me too...just took a little to get used to.

First mod this week: Alarm.

Glad I could help. It really is a nice find - there aren't too many early model one owner cars left. Our local community has been gaining momentum lately so now is a good time to join the NSX family. I look forward to seeing what how you mod the NSX - your 350z was really nice. Pretty soon you're going to want to get headers and exhaust since those are the most bang for the buck on a bone stock car. There are lots of different exhausts locally, so coming to a few meets will let you get a few rides to find out which ones your like. Welcome to the NSX family.

Our local community has been gaining momentum lately
should we credit this to numerous magazines? Or actually the credits went to few of those who insisted to drive their cars out rain or shine, even snow; driving it to Walmart and Costco, to everyday's stop and go traffic ; local car shows and Race tracks.....?? all in the name of gaining publicity ? ;)

If so I'm proud. :redface:

All I can say is that I love this car...damn. So happy right now. I'm just crossing my fingers that the engine is stong and lasts until I go in there and figure out what might need replacing.

It's getting an alarm put into it as we speak....

My first mod will probably be rims or audio. I'm going to go to some of the meets to hear those exhausts so I can pick one I like. I went thru 3 different ones on my 350Z before I ended up with the Greddy Evo 2...don't want to do that again.

For now it'll stay stock since my funds are low...tends to happen when you trade up cars.

I think I'll buy a new shift knob or something so I can make the car feel more "mine". lol

Looking forward to meeting everyone...and if you see a '91 stock silver NSX in Bellevue, it's probably me...unless there are others...??

Even though you bought the car it might still make sense to get it inspected ($150-ish). I've been happy with Acura of Lynnwood (ask for Jon Lai). They always give me a loaner and they will give you a %10 discount on parts(sometimes labor too) if you have an NSXCA membership.

DrVolkl said:
All I can say is that I love this car...damn. So happy right now. I'm just crossing my fingers that the engine is stong and lasts until I go in there and figure out what might need replacing.

It's getting an alarm put into it as we speak....

My first mod will probably be rims or audio. I'm going to go to some of the meets to hear those exhausts so I can pick one I like. I went thru 3 different ones on my 350Z before I ended up with the Greddy Evo 2...don't want to do that again.

For now it'll stay stock since my funds are low...tends to happen when you trade up cars.

I think I'll buy a new shift knob or something so I can make the car feel more "mine". lol

Looking forward to meeting everyone...and if you see a '91 stock silver NSX in Bellevue, it's probably me...unless there are others...??

oh, you are so committed to go to the Mt. Baker drive... nevermind, just saw your beachhouse thing... well, if you can stop by at PR this thursday, you can also hear my taitec at full song, (and Freelance's Comptech) Which I don't think there's any where I could blast you by at 100mph+...... :)

I have an extra brand new Gruppe M knob (ok, it's on my car for couple days)I want to get rid of... Let me know if you show up thursday, I'll bring it with me, so you can try out

SaberX said:
Even though you bought the car it might still make sense to get it inspected ($150-ish). I've been happy with Acura of Lynnwood (ask for Jon Lai). They always give me a loaner and they will give you a %10 discount on parts(sometimes labor too) if you have an NSXCA membership.

You think they'll give me a loaner just for a checkup? If that's the case, I'll do that next week...thanks for the tip. What's an NSXCA membership? Let me guess...NSX car association? Where do I sign up? I love clubs! lol

Hey, about that gruppe-M knob....how much and what does it look like?

(On a scale of 1-100, I was about a 97 on the 350 in knowledge...on the NSX I'm about a 3...so it's going to take me awhile to catch up with all the different brands, logos, stats, capacities, etc etc).

Looks like a nice shift knob. I'll take that.

Any other advice for the new guy? This is great...I'm soaking this all up!

BTW- Is it better to run 19's and 18's or 18's and 17's? What do you guys prefer...and why?

for performance, 17/17 is the best. for looks the stagger is a must.

for track driving however, unless you upgrading the brakes to bigger rotors or BBK, or else 15/16 with R tyres is the best IMO. Yes, I would say with the right offset, the 17/17 or 16/17 should be the best... For track driving, 15/16 is a good set up for Novice/intermediate driver... with street tires, it's a must for starter. You autoX yourself guess you'll understand what I'm talking about. So my advise is do keep your stock rims for track day and autoX.

Don't ever buy 18/19 if you care about peformance of your car...
unless you lowered your car, or else 18/19 doesn't look good either, look like a lifted truck with monster wheels. IMO.

From one sebring silver nsx to another, congrats! It's been a great ride so far, and I don't want it to stop. Hope to see you at one of the next monthly lunch meetings, or better yet at the track! BMW track day 8/28 at PR. (Since Ferrand is pimpin' the Alfa day in some of his other posts) :wink: haha

Back