• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Pictures of My Car

I posted pics (the ones in my avatar) when I first bought this car back in December. I never updated because I wanted to get it to a point where it was "respectable." You might recall, I picked this car up fairly cheap, but it needed some minor repairs. Here's what it looks like today and a list of things that have been done:

INTERIOR
New black carpet and mats
Leather Refurbished
Carbon Fiber Dash Kit (To cover scratches)
Keyless Transmitters replaced (They were missing w/ the car)
Dali Console coming next week (Who the hell needs a radio, anyway?)

EXTERIOR
PoohBear's Wheels.
New Tires
Removed Tint
NEW LICENSE PLATE.....Can you guys make it out??? :biggrin:
Antenna

ENGINE AND DRIVETRAIN
Tien RA / Alignment
Brake Master Cylinder and System Flush
Timing Belt / Waterpump / Valve Adjustment
Coolant Hose Replacement
Transmission Flush
SoS Coolant Tank
Red Valve Covers and Manifold Cover
2002 Manifold Plate
Strut Tower Brace
Cantrell A.I.S.

I now have mucho dinero invested in a one-time great deal. I am happy to have brought this car back to life. Now I'm thinking about FI.....I've scrapped the "Z06 swap" idea. Look at the pics and throw out some suggestions.

Attachments

• Profile.jpg
    Profile.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 1,325
  • Rear-Profile.jpg
    Rear-Profile.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 1,331
  • EngineLeft.jpg
    EngineLeft.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 1,328
  • EngineRight.jpg
    EngineRight.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 1,331
Last edited:
Stunner said:
What was your downtime for that particular job?

I had ordered the covers from SoS back in February. They had bad luck with one of their powdercoaters and had to have them redone by someone else. It took about a 6-8 weeks. I don't think it would take near that long now. I had it done while my car was having the timing belt replaced.

brahtw8 said:
You need an aftermarket exhaust.

Definitely on my list. I'm "exhaust ignorant." I don't want my car to sound like a ricer. I heard there is one that will make it sound kind of like a Ferrari. I don't want to go to drop that kind of $$$ on an exhaust until I am more educated about the differences in them.

Id get a set of real rims :tongue:

Casey,

looking great! Much improved from how it looked when you first bought it! In fact, I saw it at AutoLogic and didn't even recognize it. Good job!

Regards,
- Z

Nice. But those rims are too BLING BLING and look like they've had a lot of curb rubbing :eek: oh wait, they were <B>PoohBear</B>'s???... that explains everything. :D :D :D Nah, seriously, your car is looking great. And the rims too. :cool:

It never ceases to amazed me how just changing the Coolant Tank from the crappy stock plastic bottle cleans up the entire engine bay. It makes it look so much better.

caseycarson said:
Definitely on my list. I'm "exhaust ignorant." I don't want my car to sound like a ricer. I heard there is one that will make it sound kind of like a Ferrari. I don't want to go to drop that kind of $$$ on an exhaust until I am more educated about the differences in them.
It's impossible to make an NSX sound like a "ricer."

Picture me standing tall scratching my ass with my right hand and looking at you :confused: ............. :tongue:

Casey...I love it but what happen to the lip?

NeoNSX said:
Nice. But those rims are too BLING BLING and look like they've had a lot of curb rubbing :eek: oh wait, they were <B>PoohBear</B>'s???... that explains everything. :D :D :D Nah, seriously, your car is looking great. And the rims too. :cool:

It never ceases to amazed me how just changing the Coolant Tank from the crappy stock plastic bottle cleans up the entire engine bay. It makes it look so much better.

PoohBEAR said:
Picture me standing tall scratching my ass with my right hand and looking at you :confused: ............. :tongue:

Mesmerizing ..... as much as <A HREF="http://tinyurl.com/6b48q">this</A>. :D

(TOUCHDOWN FOR NEO!!! :D :D :D :D credit to PHOEN$X for the link. ;) )

:eek: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....MY EYES!!!! YOU BLINDED ME...DAMNIT NEO...DON'T PULL THAT CRAP AGAIN ...MY SHADE :cool: PLEASE

NeoNSX said:
Mesmerizing ..... as much as <A HREF="http://tinyurl.com/6b48q">this</A>. :D

(TOUCHDOWN FOR NEO!!! :D :D :D :D credit to PHOEN$X for the link. ;) )

Nice car! Anyways, I believe I saw that car for sale in Houston a few months back at a consignment place off of 59 South I believe. He told me the car had some brake problems. It had the same wheels in your avatar. I wanted to test drive but the guy said he didn't have the keys; isn't that weird. I also still see the car on Autotrader. Is this the same car? If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for that car? You can PM me if you like, but you don't have to respond if its personal. :smile:

BTW, keep up the good work!!!!

AGPSuperstaR said:
Nice car! Anyways, I believe I saw that car for sale in Houston a few months back at a consignment place off of 59 South I believe. He told me the car had some brake problems. It had the same wheels in your avatar. I wanted to test drive but the guy said he didn't have the keys; isn't that weird. I also still see the car on Autotrader. Is this the same car? If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for that car? You can PM me if you like, but you don't have to respond if its personal. :smile:

BTW, keep up the good work!!!!

That's the car. The guy was a flake. It did need a new master cylinder. He had the monel key only w/ no other keys or transmitter. I paid 27K for it. It was a strange deal. It was actually his neighbor's car that he was selling on his lot. The deal was actually between me and the neighbor. The dealer got a cut on the back side. Those rims were terrible, huh?

When I was there, he was asking $34k for it. He said that the car needed new brakes so I was like nahhhh forget that. I guess he made it sound much more drastic than it was so I backed off. Yes, those wheels were a bit ugly lol. Good thing you upgrade dude hahah. If you only needed to replace the master cylinder, man, you had an awesome deal. I wonder why they didn't pull the car off of Autotrader yet. Anyways, good luck on bringing the badboy back to a masterpiece. Alex

Back