• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Road & Track article on the NA1

I disagree with the statement about the NSX not being a head-turner. I still got many people in awe of seeing one in person, giving me thumbs-up, etc. Granted, I live in Houston where they aren't common...I prob havent seen another one in the wild for 15 years.
I have also never heard this:

'Some folks accuse the NSX of being too ordinary.'

Idk...maybe I'm just biased. ;)

I liked that the writer mentioned the view out of the car - it is one of the best parts of driving the gen 1 NSX. There will probably never be an airy cabin like the original NSX ever produced again since modern cars have airbags everywhere including the A pillars (which is so annoying because they are so thick it means that you have to constantly be moving your head to get a complete 3/4 view while turning ) and high blunt hoods for pedestrian protection.

Good read, but I disagree about the manual steering in the early models....yeah it wasn't great in a parking lot, but anywhere else it was by far the best steering feel and one of the main reasons I prefer the 91-94 coupe.

It may not be the head turner it once was by today's standards, but it still gets plenty of attention and is highly respected by anyone who knows anything about cars.

Back