• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

new shift knobs from ScienceofSpeed

hi guys --

We have a couple new options for shift knobs, check it out!

ScienceofSpeed Rapid Tear Drop Shift Knob
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...X/ScienceofSpeed/shift_knobs/Rapid/tear_drop/
The ScienceofSpeed Rapid Tear Drop Shift Knob is designed with a tapered "tear drop" profile that customers that hold the knob on the side find the most popular. This knob is made specifically for the NSX with the boot clip found at the base of the knob. This shift knob allows a drop in height by about 20mm allowing for quick shifts. The knob is CNC machined from billet T304 and features a swirled semi-luster finish that looks great in the car. The weighted stainless steel knob is heavy - allowing smooth shifting action as the knob sinks into the gear you select with ease.

rapid_tear_800.jpg

ScienceofSpeed Rapid Long NSX-R Style Shift Knob
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ.../ScienceofSpeed/shift_knobs/Rapid/long_NSX-R/
This shift knob was designed by taking the factory NSX-R ball shift knob and adding 1" of additional length under the ball. This is the profile that customers that hold the knob on the top find the most popular. This knob is made specifically for the NSX with the boot clip found at the base of the knob. This shift knob allows a drop in height by about 20mm allowing for quick shifts. The knob in CNC machined from billet 6061 aluminum, polished, and clear hard anodized.

rapid_long_NSXR_800.jpg

ScienceofSpeed Zanardi / Type-S Shift Knob
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/interior_performance_products/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/Zanardi_knob
After owning a Zanardi NSX - one of my favorite aspects of the car was the shift knob feel, design, and look. The factory price is incredible however, at $320+. We replicated this knob by CNC machining it from billet T304 stainless steel (the easy part) and then spent quite a bit of time and money in replicating the factory finishing process as closely as possible. The result is as shown. This is by far the best shift knob Honda has produced in my opinion. Compare the two on our website - and you'll find that the factory knob and the ScienceofSpeed version is almost identical. I hope you enjoy!

zanardi_800.jpg

For all our shift knob options, please see this page:
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/interior_performance_products/NSX/shift_knobs_boots.asp

Cheers,
-- Chris

hi guys --

We are offering $30.00 off any of our shift knob designs until the end of August. Just enter coupon code 30shiftknob when you check out, or mention it when you place an order over the phone. This discount will expire on 8/31.

Cheers,
--Chris

Chris, I have the third knob but want the first one. Do you still have my CC info. from the console order. It will be under Robert D. Fontenot. If so send it out also. If not I'll get back with you, thanks. :smile:

Chris,
Do you sell the little clip that holds the boot up? The previous owner of my car bought from SOS the NSX-R style round knob with the slotted bottom part (not the 1" extended version). He must have lost the clip because my NSX-R mesh boot is held up with a zip tie. It keeps falling down and I don't like having to remove the console to fix it every time.

Can I get a proper clip for this? Or at least a picture of it in case I have to make my own? Thanks!

Chris, I have the third knob but want the first one. Do you still have my CC info. from the console order. It will be under Robert D. Fontenot. If so send it out also. If not I'll get back with you, thanks. :smile:

I have a quote set up for you, just give us a call to confirm the details.

thanks,
-- Chris

Chris,
Do you sell the little clip that holds the boot up? The previous owner of my car bought from SOS the NSX-R style round knob with the slotted bottom part (not the 1" extended version). He must have lost the clip because my NSX-R mesh boot is held up with a zip tie. It keeps falling down and I don't like having to remove the console to fix it every time.

Can I get a proper clip for this? Or at least a picture of it in case I have to make my own? Thanks!

Sorry, I don't have an extra. However, this is a part that is common to find online when people sell their shift boots.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Chris,

Zip ties and crazy glue brotha, 4 years strong and still holdiing on:biggrin:

I got my shift boot clip from Dali.

Any reason for the price increase? If at all, shouldn't the prices be getting cheaper since the tooling etc has already been accounted for? It's not really my business but more of a thought I had to let out.

I got my shift boot clip from Dali.

Any reason for the price increase? If at all, shouldn't the prices be getting cheaper since the tooling etc has already been accounted for? It's not really my business but more of a thought I had to let out.

The new knob material (stainless steel) has changed from aluminum. Stainless is about twice that of aluminum now in material costs. You'll notice our aluminum pricing is the same and has been for the past 3 years.

Cheers,
-- Chris

I bought the Zanardi style from SOS and love the way it shifts and feels. There are less mistakes when rapidly shifting thanks to the dynamics of the knob.
Only drawback is the metal gets hot in the sun compared to leather knobs.

Back