• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New supercar powered by Honda estimated to get 40 mpg

Ronn Motors Scorpion runs an Acura 3.5 V6 exotic car. Powered by gasoline and Hydrogen.

The Hydrogen is obtained from water thru electrolysis. Remember the "H" in "H2O". Electrolysis process is done on the vehicle. Hence there is a tank for water.

Essentially, when you fill up, you put in gas and water for up to 40mpg without hybid. What a deal. Sounds like a pipe dream, but hope to see a full write up with a test drive soon.

Why does it take small companies like this to make it happen. Telsa is an example. Is creativity dead in big corporations?

ronn-motors-scorpion-1.jpg

http://www.gizmag.com/scorpion-hydrogen-hybrid-car/9423/

http://www.dancewithshadows.com/mot...pg-with-hydrogen-generator-kit-photo-gallery/

Too bad the car looks like a kit car or a stretched saturn sky.

I'd take the above over the disaster "ASCC" or whatever the name was concept (yes, that monstrosity) ....
'

OScar

Creativity isnt dead, problem is no one has the balls to say just do it. They have to answer to shareholders, have meetings, do market research, blah blah blah. This in turn delays the car, balloons the cost, by the time it comes out, its outdated.

Sounds like the story for NSX replacement.

Irony -

Honda won't build a mid-engine NSX replacement.

A small company is soon to build a mid-engine exotic powered by Honda's V6, gets 40 mpg using a state of the art process to extract hydrogen from water.

Kind of a slap on the face for Honda

Irony -

Honda won't build a mid-engine NSX replacement.

A small company is soon to build a mid-engine exotic powered by Honda's V6, gets 40 mpg using a state of the art process to extract hydrogen from water.

Kind of a slap on the face for Honda

In the whole conspiracy theory world, maybe this was Honda's plan all along. Get someone to sweat out the details and design. Then just buy them out. :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Surprisingly I kind of like the looks of this car, has a curvy but futuristic look to it.

For me it looks like a woman, so that is already a + ... :biggrin:

OScar

It looks pretty good IMHO but yeah kinda gives me that saturn sky / lotus elise feel to it, but hey 40 MPG with a Hydrogen/Honda v6 combo sounds good to me.

Wonder what the price will be?

I was going to say more of a Lotus than the Sky, little bit like my avatar. Definetly a step in the right direction

Last edited:
I was going to say more of a Lotus than the Sky, little bit like my avatar. Definetly a step in the right direction

Yes, rumors (denied here, there, and everywhere) say that Lotus Engineering helped the Tesla folks out with their design.

btw...love your avatar.

The company that makes the unit that is installed on the J-Series V6 to get around 40mpg ...cost roughly $3500 on their site.

It would take me around 3 years to justify that cost in my current vehicle.

Back