• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

new to the family hopefully with a request

hi guys ive already made an intro in the general prospective owners forum but i wanted to say hi here as well also had a question im in the process of buying an nsx and was wondering if any one was willing to look at the car with me because i have never owned one before and even though i have done my research i realize that somone that owns it will know much more of waht to look at the car is in laurencevill ca and the owner is willing to ship it to me ans sell through ebay motors i had a few questions regarding the buyer protection that ebay has also he says the funds will be kept by an agent untill i am satisfied with the car however i have never purchaced through ebay and wasnt sure if thats how it works. secondly when i have it to test it i wanted to have one of u guys if willing to look at it with me. please let me know if your willing to help me out i have looked at the check list several times and it seems like he is rushing the sale but saying that i can try it out before i finalize the sale is seems like no real risk is this true and thanks in advance for the assistance. my names matt btw i dont like going by internet aliases so you all can call me by my real name in hopes of meeting some new friends and in anticipation of joining the nsx owner family.

Well Matt...

So the seller is going to ship it to you so you can check it out prior to purchase?:confused: Sorry to be the one to tell you Matt, but you're about to be scammed.:eek:

P.S. Please use proper grammar and punctuation. It's very difficult to read your post.

my bad on the grammer. Well he said he will ship it when i am ready to buy it, but i can also come to him to see the car. sorry about the confusion. Also i'am sorry about the puncuation i am using my pda for this because my lap top is dead at the moment. I have spoken with the guy and he said I can come and see it before I do any thing. so that clears it up a little bit i hope.

Sounds like the "Nigerian scam" is back again.

Didn't see your clarification before my reply above. Where is Laurencevill Ca?

Last edited:
in all honesty im not too sure. haha it is possible he meant GA.
if that is the case i wouldn't be able to look at it personally. and i have sent him an email for clarification.

i hope to get an answer soon. fingers crossed. haha it really comes down to 2 things either the sellers desperate or a complete idiot most likely both if that's the case. or he is trying to scam me, its a high probability i feel like it is worth checking in to

what is the nigerian scam btw.

Listen to Alan (Slamstorm). This guy is on top of everthing. Make sure you keep him posted.

I definitely will. I could make copies of the email too if it helps to shed some light on the situation. i was also thinking of having a second party email the seller to see if he has scripted responses because that is a tel-tale sign of a scam.

Why are you so hot on this unit? Price! Have any pics?

hi guys ive already made an intro in the general prospective owners forum but i wanted to say hi here as well also had a question im in the process of buying an nsx and was wondering if any one was willing to look at the car with me because i have never owned one before and even though i have done my research i realize that somone that owns it will know much more of waht to look at the car is in laurencevill ca and the owner is willing to ship it to me ans sell through ebay motors i had a few questions regarding the buyer protection that ebay has also he says the funds will be kept by an agent untill i am satisfied with the car however i have never purchaced through ebay and wasnt sure if thats how it works. secondly when i have it to test it i wanted to have one of u guys if willing to look at it with me. please let me know if your willing to help me out i have looked at the check list several times and it seems like he is rushing the sale but saying that i can try it out before i finalize the sale is seems like no real risk is this true and thanks in advance for the assistance. my names matt btw i dont like going by internet aliases so you all can call me by my real name in hopes of meeting some new friends and in anticipation of joining the nsx owner family.

That's the longest sentence I've ever read. :wink:

Be sure to use the Used NSX Checklist when you have the inspection done.

hello Matt, sorry but if you think anyone will ship you a car to be inspected at their risk, you might as well be labeled SUCKA! :confused:

Sorry to be blunt but who the hell will do that for you???? :rolleyes:

Go look up scams on Craiglist or go post a few ads and magically you will start to understand when people contact you (usually with bad english) that they want your car, room for rent, tv, shoes, stuff animals, even used underwear and will send you a "check" hahaha

Does the email the guy sent you look anything like this???? haha

> First of all I would like to tell you that the truck is located in Quebec,
> Canada as I recently moved here. I received a good job here and along with
> the job I received a new car. I have no use for the truck anymore so I am
> forced to sell it below the market value. The full price is $4,600.00 US
> dollars with shipping included to your location. I have a clean title ready
> to be signed. The truck has no electrical or mechanical problems, never been
> involved in any kind of accidents. For our protection we can use eBay Motors
> to complete the transaction. The deal will go strictly according to eBay
> rules and policy. I want you to know that I'll handle the shipping, so this
> will be free of charge for you. We will use eBay Motors to manage the
> payment because it is the safest way for both of us and also you will have