• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NEW TO THE LIST

ALLAN

Suspended
hello everyone. im interested in upgrading my fiancee's 91 nsx. im ordering the wings west spoiler package and am also interested in exhaust. ive noticed there are several to chose from, any suggestions? i will also be bypassing the catalytic converters. any suggestions on NOS? anyone have any experience with the longevity of the motor? how much spray? i run 150 shot through my 98 diablo sv, im thinking a 70 shot ? any info would be greatly appreciated.
allan
98 diablo sv
91 acura nsx

Wow, NOS in a Diablo. I'd love to drop by and see that beast if possible.

-Cheers

im in boca all the time, ever seen a white diablo, chrome wheels, says sv on the side? i also had a friend with a purple sv in boca. what do you have done on your nsx?
allan

am also interested in exhaust. ive noticed there are several to chose from, any suggestions?

You might want to join the Florida Chapter of the NSX Club of America and go to some of their events, where you can check out what various exhausts sound like.

i run 150 shot through my 98 diablo sv

I guess that's the answer to the question, what to do when 500+ hp just isn't good enough...

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 07 November 2001).]

Originally posted by ALLAN:
im in boca all the time, ever seen a white diablo, chrome wheels, says sv on the side? i also had a friend with a purple sv in boca. what do you have done on your nsx?
allan

I think I saw you on glades and us1 last week. Could it have been you? I see a yellow diablo around here in Boca all the time.

i run 150 shot through my 98 diablo sv, .
allan
98 diablo sv
91 acura nsx

Thats just plain nasty!
biggrin.gif

Joe

Ps Ill be at the Hot Import nights show on Dec 1st if you would like to check out my exhaust.Im running RM Dual tip.

[This message has been edited by nsxbadboy (edited 07 November 2001).]

Wow, 98 Diablo SV! Sweet ride.

I am curious, how would you compare driving the SV to the NSX.

I talked to an exotic car dealer in dallas about a diablo and he said it was just horrible to drive. He thought the NSX was a much easier and enjoyable car to drive and that the diablo was far from a daily driver.

Now, the SV might be better than what he drove (I am guessing it was an earlier diablo (91-95), but I am not sure.

What do you think?

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

[This message has been edited by NetViper (edited 08 November 2001).]

Hi Allan, welcome aboard. To try and answer your questions:

Exhaust - It's really personal preference. There are a bunch of really good exhausts available. I'd try to meet up with some other owners and listen to the various options and go from there.

Nitrous - A 70 is no problem. RM Racing makes a plug-and-play kit with all wires, hoses, etc. pre cut for the NSX. http://www.rmnsx.com Or if you (or your shop) is happy doing it yourself, you can buy all the components from say Nitrous Express or Nitrous Oxide Systems and do it yourself. A couple NSX vendors have been hinting at releasing a kit to compete with RM Racing's but nothing has been officially announced so far.

its funny to say that the diablo is actually just as easy to drive if not easier than the nsx. the steering is definately easier, the clutch about the same, but the gearshift is slightly more difficult. what takes the fun out of the diablo, and takes away from its daily driveability are the people who constantly tailgate, ask annoying questions ,etc. i used to own a 92 diablo, and it was a bit harder to drive, but still a blast. in my opinion, having driven just about everything, viper,ferrari,700hp 930 turbo,lotus,nothing can compare to the lambo.in terms of speed, the sv is hellbent fast,on motor it will smoke virtually anything. using the nos puts it in whole new catagory, my friends sv ran 11.1@129 at moroso on the juice, and thats with a easy start. the nsx, on the other hand is alot of fun to drive, just not on that level. im not trying to sound snobbish or put the car down or anything. i truly feel that these 2 cars are the greatest cars in the world, with one exception, the countach, which is awesome to drive on the highway, a terror in traffic, very heavy everything, but just plain awesome.allan

for the import nights show, will the cars be roped off? or will the people be walking around the cars and touching them? is it a just a show, or will there be trophies and awards given out in different classes? maybe ill bring my cars.allan

Originally posted by nsx1164:
I'll be there too --> http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/000048.html

nsxbadboy, others -- want to get our cars together for a group showing ??

I would definitely love to meet up with some of you folks.Im going to try to get there early Sat morn then hit the Dolphins game on Sunday.Drop me an email so we can meet up.

Joe

------------------
97 NSX-T
93 Supra TT BPU+

for the import nights show, will the cars be roped off? or will the people be walking around the cars and touching them?
The last one I went to, the cars are not roped off. I had to beat people off my car, but there is SOME contact.

What it really is is a PARTY with cars.

is it a just a show, or will there be trophies and awards given out in different classes?
Yes -- different classes, typically both by marque and by type (mild/wild, 2D/4D/etc). A stock NSX would typically compete in the "mild 2 door" and "Acura" categories.

maybe ill bring my cars.allan
DO IT!!!

Back