• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New "Towers" meeting place maybe - Supercar Saturdays

Since the Tower Shops (Towers) car show was discontinued, friends and I have been looking for a replacement with equal or better caliber/quality for years.

Well check out Supercar Saturdays. This is a car show for mostly upper end cars that is held every second Saturday of the month. It started at the Porsche / Lambo dealership on the corner o I-75 and Griffin road in Davie but quickly outgrew that location. Its now at the Pembroke Commons Mall at the corner of I-75 and Pines Boulevard in Pembroke Pines. There are brands like Porsche, Lambo, McLaren, Ferrari, Mercedes, BMW and others in good numbers for a really impressive lineup. The McLarens and Lambos are in Skittles colors - red, orange, silver , white, green, blue, whatever color you can imagine. They even had two Konigseggs and a Bugatti Chiron on different weekends.

I have been there a few times at both locations and decided to go this past weekend in my NSX for the first time. I was not planning on showing it but when the attendant at the
entrance saw it, he insisted that I go in and show it

IMG_0263.jpgIMG_0232.jpgIMG_0264.jpg.

Once inside I metthree other first gen NSXs - two reds and a brooklands green - for a total of four. ​This was the most I have seen together since the Towers days and it felt great. There were no Gen 2 NSXs this time but I have seen some at past shows.

Perhaps this could be our new "Towers". I am not sure how many of the old group are around as I have not seen them post for quite a while but please check it out one and all and maybe this could be our new meeting place.

Check out Supercar Saturdays for more details. It generally starts at 0900 and ends at or about noon. Do a web search and let's have your thoughts.

I used to go to the Towers starting back in the mid 90’s. I also used to go to the Supercar Saturday’s with my NC1. However I no longer have the NC1, and my weekends are now filled up taking kids to sports activities. To be honest, I don’t miss the car scene much. It was becoming too much of the same shit all the time.

Hi Doc. I know what you mean but every now and then I get the itch.... Oh, by the way do you recognise the rims on the Sebring Silver in the middle? I still have them, thanks again!

Hi Doc. I know what you mean but every now and then I get the itch.... Oh, by the way do you recognise the rims on the Sebring Silver in the middle? I still have them, thanks again!

Jet Tech - are you on Instagram? Most of the nsx guys in Miami/ft lauderdale discuss when they go to meets on there. They also went to Cars and Coffee palm beach this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy $hit...Rod....I have been wondering where you've been. Long time man.

Those BBS RSII are awesome wheels. Glad you still have them. I've had quite a few cars in the past ten years, but I've kinda settled down and I'm taking a break from exotic ownership for a while.

Hope all has been well.

-Doc.

Holy $hit...Rod....I have been wondering where you've been. Long time man.

Those BBS RSII are awesome wheels. Glad you still have them. I've had quite a few cars in the past ten years, but I've kinda settled down and I'm taking a break from exotic ownership for a while.

Hope all has been well.

-Doc.

Hi Doc, yes, too long! All has been well but a few big life changes for the better (long stories) have kept me busy over the past years with the car taking a back seat for about 6 years. I do miss the old Towers NSX group but life goes on and we move on with different priorities. Its great that you are still around and I hope you and family are also doing well.

Jet Tech - are you on Instagram? Most of the nsx guys in Miami/ft lauderdale discuss when they go to meets on there. They also went to Cars and Coffee palm beach this morning.

Bzyrice, thanks for the info. I did not know about the Instagram discussion threads as I thought that this prime forum location was it for meetups. Anyway, its unfortunate that I don't do Instagram - its frowned upon in my line of work. But I do have friends who will check it out on my behalf and keep me up to date - will see. Some of them were at that Cars and Coffee too.

I loved the group but I got overwhelmed with little notifications and there is no option to just silence them so it doesn’t show a 1 in the messages. I’m hoping you’ll just DM me when the nsx’s get together again :)

Bzyrice, thanks for the info. I did not know about the Instagram discussion threads as I thought that this prime forum location was it for meetups. Anyway, its unfortunate that I don't do Instagram...

Don't worry. I don't do instagram either.

Back