• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

new wheels

description states that the 18" will only fit the 5,7,and 8 series BMW only.The 17"is not shown but says"channels are not as deep"

See the "thumbs down" icon on nsxtasy's reply. That means YOU should have stopped typing after the word NSX in your post. It's all about what YOU want for YOUR NSX; not what "everybody else thinks". YOU should do some research with the company and this style of wheel to see if they are even applicable to the NSX (widths, offsets, lug patterns, etc..) Sounds like they're marketing it more for the BMW. If you want to use the 17"F x 18"R (most common) set up then this wheel probably isn't the style for YOU.

Did you notice I kept capitalizing the word "YOU"?
smile.gif
Good Luck.

[This message has been edited by Chris W (edited 09 January 2001).]

thanks for your replies, and of course it is what i want. when they talk about it being for BMW's they mean that it comes stock with those series, they just change the BMW logo out for the OZ racing. i do like this brand of wheels, they also make the wheel that come stock on Lamborghini's and the Mercedes CLK-GTR. I e-mailed the company and asked them if they knew whether or not the wheel would fit.

thanks

Originally posted by Jackal:
My personal favorites are these:

koncaf.large.jpg

At $99 for 17" and $83 for 16" these are a real steal!

And these:

konmon.large.jpg

At $168 for 17" is not bad either.

I wouldn't put those wheels on a NSX, they're made for Integras and civics.
Sorry just my personal opinion.

Whels are totally personal preference when it comes to look. Me personally would like to have a nice looking wheels and light weight.

These cheap knock off wheels are usually inferior in quality and finish. Some are better than others.

It comes down to, would u wear Armani suit or JC penney? It depends on occasion and lifestyle.

I would never put cheap knockoff wheels on an NSX. JMHO

Vega,
Selecting a wheel style can be a daunting task. While it's exciting to imagine how any given wheel would change the appearance of your car, it's also a bit nerve-racking because of the substantial investment made on a single style. You're never quite sure exactly how the finished result will look until you bolt them on to your car. Only then will you know if you made the right choice.
Appearance is only one consideration. The second is performance. I would encourage you to consider a forged wheel rather than a cast one. This means a higher cost but in return you'll have a lighter wheel that's typically stronger than it's cast bretheren.
I went through this same process last spring and, after much deliberation, decided to order a set of H.R.E. wheels. They are custom made to order and take about five weeks to get. They are about $3,600 for a set of 17/18's in a high polished finish. H.R.E. will engineer the wheels with the proper offset and backspacing for whatever car/brake component combination you are running. They use an inventory of CAD drawings that they use to engineer the exact specifications for the caliper/rotor into the wheel's design. You tell them what you are running on your car and they build the perfect wheel for you. All of their 540 series wheels are three-piece, forged aluminum with impeccable attention to detail.
I should mention that I have no interest in H.R.E. I'm simply a very satisfied customer who appreciates a good product. Best of luck in your search for the perfect wheel.

Listen to TampaBayNsx-R. Select a nice high quality wheel for your NSX. You might spend a little more up front, but the results will be well worth it. Check out H.R.E.'s website and you'll see the difference between the wheels you were looking at and a wheel worthy of the NSX.

thanks for the advice about HRE, also I just thought if this brand of wheels were good enough for a Lamborghini's stock wheels they would be good for an NSX, I really like the style. for an 18X10 rim, what would be a good weight, and 17X8?

thanks

Originally posted by Jackal:
Ummm...I will have to dissagree with you there. www.americastire.com lists them as replacement wheels for the NSX. Look for yourself:

The wheels I'm refering to

Maybee they are wrong, but why would it matter if the offsets, ect., are correct for the NSX? Are the cheaper wheels going to fall apart? Why wouldn't you put them on your NSX?

Just currious.

The reason I wouldn't put them on my NSX is because I don't want replica rims on my NSX, well any car of mine for that matter. It's like wearing a Gucci suit with a cheap runner that you bought in the supermarket.
Instead of the Konig Monsoon pic you posted, I would much prefer getting the Volk Racing AV3 which is the original of the Monsoon.
Again, this is your NSX and of course you can do whatever you like to your car.

Most wheels with deep dish look will not fit NSX because offset (clearance) problem. On the rear with 9" or 9.5" width for NSX require at least 40 offset. While most deep dish wheels would have offset in the 20. Hence, BMW 5 series, 7, and 8. The 3 series have high offset as well.

Hey Tampa,
I was also looking into the HRE wheels, but I heard somewhere that the wheels are heavy. Do you know how much heavier they are compared to the NSX stock rimes?

Originally posted by johndoh:
Hey Tampa,
I was also looking into the HRE wheels, but I heard somewhere that the wheels are heavy. Do you know how much heavier they are compared to the NSX stock rimes?

Johndoh- H.R.E. wheels are manufactured with a forging process vs casting. By forging their wheels, they make a wheel what is lighter than a similar size cast wheel. As for the actual weight vs stock, I can't really give you a fair comparison as my wheels are 17x8 and 18x10...a good deal larger than the stock wheels. If you want more specifics contact HRE. They will take the time to answer any and all questions you have regarding your car/proper fitment, etc... Best of luck!

I have to agree with TampaBayNSX-R. I also have HRE's 546 18x8, and 19x10's. They are great wheels and are not heavy. Call HRE and ask for John. Tell him that the NSX'rs from Miami, Fl told you to call.

Hi Vega12,
OZ RACING WHEELS IS ONE OF THE FINEST IN THE WORLD. JUST TAKE A LOOK AT THE AFTERMARKET TUNERS FOR $100K+ CARS. ON MY NSX I WENT FOR THE OZ FUTURA 3 PIECE MODULAR. I HAVE 18" IN THE BACK AND 17" IN FRONT. ALTHOUGH THEY ARE
EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE, IT REALLY ENHANCES THE LOOK OF THE NSX. GOOD LUCK.

Just to add a little more confusion. I've seen the Fikse FM/10's on a black NSX and thought they were the best looking wheels I had ever seen on any NSX. Their website is
www.fikse.com

I do some racing so I opted for Volk Racing TE37's from Dali, however, my next set of street wheels will be the Fikse's.

Back