• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Whipple guy here looking for advice

I have several cars with centrifugal SCs but I recently bought my first Whipple. I recently bought a 1991 NSX with a Whipple SC. I noticed that it rattles at idle but is quiet at rpm. When you drop it back down to idle ir rattles alot then it settles back down to a smaller rattle when the idle stabilizes. The rattle is quite noticeable inside the cabin. Reading thru the threads on Prime, I understand that rattle is normal for older Whipples? Is there things I can check like oil or play somewhere or??? Can anything be done to lessen the rattle besides turning the stereo up :) Here is the pic of mine..I am not sure how old it is but heres a picture. Are the newer Whipples quieter?

100_1889.jpg

The whipple is pretty loud at idle. The new ones are much quieter. That said, if you put some royal purple in it, it will quiet down a lot. That is what shad recommended i do and i barely hear it at idle anymore.

Back