• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New ZR1 laps the Ring in 7:26.4

http://jalopnik.com/397308/corvette-zr1-laps-nurburgring-in-7264

Well that adds a wrinkle...

I wonder what the new target for the new Acura Supercar will be...

will they switch from the GTR to the ZR1 now?

From what we have heard- the new Acura is closer to the ZR1 in MSRP price point...

Philip

[EDIT] I am thinking this belongs in The Next Generation NSX forum instead of Off Topic- please close or remove.

GO Here for discussion

Last edited:
How about the Radical SR8 doing a 6:55 with traffic! :eek:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dfqrHY_JEcQ&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dfqrHY_JEcQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That is an incredible time. Faster than a Zonda! 1/6th the price! Weighs at least 500lbs more. Great job GM!

Looks like GM made a sports car thats faster than every 'supercar' out there.That's amazing...

well...

7:24 Lexus LF-A
7:25 Nissan GT-R V-Spec
7:26.4 Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordschleife_lap_times

Maybe you should have posted the important part that you some how left off.

Both Lexus and GTR -- Unofficial time measured by bystanders at the track

ZR1 - Strong headwind on main straight. electronically timed and confirmed with two hand-held stopwatches.

PLUS it was driven by GM's development engineer and not a professional driver.

I don't know pricing for the GTR-V (rumored $125K), but the LFA is expected to be double the ZR1. Pretty damn impressive.

Will one of the cars you mentioned eventually beat it? Probably so, but you at least need to give credit where it is do.

Last edited:
Maybe you should have posted the important part that you some how left off.

Both Lexus and GTR -- Unofficial time measured by bystanders at the track

ZR1 - Strong headwind on main straight. electronically timed and confirmed with two hand-held stopwatches.

PLUS it was driven by GM's development engineer and not a professional driver.

I don't know pricing for the GTR-V (rumored $125K), but the LFA is expected to be double the ZR1. Pretty damn impressive.

Will one of the cars you mentioned eventually beat it? Probably so, but you at least need to give credit where it is do.

if you think about it "development engineer" could mean test car driver, heh. (and if it doesn't, maybe it should! :eek:) either way, there's no denying that's fast as hell. very impressive.

can't wait to see what the honda V10 does...... btw- what did it do when all those spy shots were taken at the ring?

The NSX is what 12:26 last test in 1812 right? ;) I keep looking at the ZR1 and I may have to check it out when they are released, Screw the GT-R and all of the stupid "rules" with that car.

All the hype around these times don't matter much to me since I spend 99% of my time driving to work and the gym. :wink:

not so hard when it's not a real car

Don't be too sure.

I've seen several of these testing @ GM Proving Grounds in MI... they are very real. Kinda hard to shoot, as they are very fast.

I saw a ZR1 prototype in the 4th of July parade in Lake City Michigan on Friday! I have no idea how, or why it was there, but it was the real deal.

I got one pic with my camera phone- will post once I figure out how to get it onto my computer.

BTW- the car looks like a bastard child of a C6 Corvette, and an NSX. The proto I saw was red with the "black" (carbon) roof.

Philip

[Edit to insert pic- a buddy at work got it off my phone with the blu tooth connection]

07-04-08_1127.jpg

Last edited:
Well someone paid a million bucks for the first production one at Barrett Jackson. It better be real.:confused:

They had one at the auto show here in Atlanta, The car is damn nice the only thing lacking is the inside kinda sucks. But I am sure a few grand and you can fix that. Also I did not care for the clear hood, I hope they make that a option where it's a solid color.

Back