• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Well I am in the market for a NSX and I need your guys help.

1. if you are 6'2" and have size 13" feet have you had problems with the pedals. I noticed how close and small they are. The seats are almost a pain to set right.

2. I have a lead on a few in FL and knowing that the car is Aluminum is it prone to rust since FL is a "car rust state"?

Also does anyone have any pics of the Sebring silver NSX in high / good res?

Thanks

Answer to your questions.

1. I'm 6' 1" and I have size 13 feet I lift alot so I'm not exactly small and I have no problem getting comfortable in my NSX. The only thing I find I have to do is move the seat all the way back to get out.

2. I'm not sure about this one, I thought aluminum didn't rust???? But maybe I'm thinking of something else. Someone else can asnwer that one!

im 6'4 and have size 13 i noticed with certain shoes..in particular big boots i would have problesm but not with runnin shoes or anything other than boots..headroom and leg room was fine--barely..coulnt lean my head back too much though..but not too bad.

The only thing I find I have to do is move the seat all the way back to get out.

I'm only 5'8" but I find that I move the seat all the way back to make it easier to get in and out, too. The power seats make this easy.

I thought aluminum didn't rust????

That's correct, it doesn't.

I'm only 5'8" but I find that I move the seat all the way back to make it easier to get in and out, too. The power seats make this easy.

Yes POWER IS A GOOD THING! But come next summer I won't have that luxury anymore. I think I'm going to get some Sparco Torinos, for 3 reasons. 1. To preserve my factory ivory seats. 2. Save weight 3. THEY LOOK BITCHIN!
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by PUREVIL (edited 14 September 2000).]

Purevil, I've a pair of Sparco racing seats. You can save up a lot of weight from seats and they're comfortable too. The seats that I'm having some are two tone colors (grey and black). Although it looks great on my silver car, I might exchange with my friend's red seats. If I've the money, I would go for Recaro or Bride.

Andrie Hartanto,

You can seriously get me brand new Sparco Torinos for 450 a seat? How much for the brackets??? I'm looking at getting them sometime after the new year so let me know.

If you want you can e mail me at [email protected] because I'm very interested.

Hapahaole,

I live in South Florida. My car has no rust on it and is a '91. Where are you looking at in Fl. to buy a car. If you need me to look at it for you, just let me know. The cars that are driven up north in the winter time, are more prone to haveing rust because of the salt on the roads in the winter.

Another thing I forgot to mention. I haven't heard of NSX's rusting in general, because aluminum is not corosive, or at least not even close to corosive as a steel body.

I saw two NSX's with Sparco seats in them. One is the owner of Modern Image, his car was featured in MAX POWER and he had Sparcos. The other is Adam Sawatari(Not sure if I spelled his last name right) In Sport Compact Car he had his NSX in there with Sparco Super Sports. So they can be fitted into an NSX so how.

If u live in La area, there is a place called wedge engineering that specialized in creating custom bracket. They made one for Modern image car (Wayne Mello's old car). The thing is they have to have the car and the seat over there in order to make one.

As for adam saruwatari's car. He is sponsored heavily. Who knows who make the bracket for his car....

Back