• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Newer 2002 NSX Pics

http://www.wieck.com/public/*2PV_032749

More 2002 Pics from Honda's Press service. Some new ones. Just go to the search page and enter 2002 NSX.

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
Looking for 76-79 Honda Accords

Regarding air resistance...I've read that Honda has improved the air resistance of the 2002 NSX. The drag coefficient has dropped a few points to .30

So, it looks like even with the clear pimple-bumps on the front the car is more slippery than the 2001.

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
Looking for 76-79 Honda Accords

Originally posted by Jimbo:
Regarding air resistance...I've read that Honda has improved the air resistance of the 2002 NSX. The drag coefficient has dropped a few points to .30

So, it looks like even with the clear pimple-bumps on the front the car is more slippery than the 2001.

-Jim

Yup. And according to hondanews.com, that has helped in raising the vehicles top speed from 168 to 175mph.

Bumping this old thread to give a little history lesson on how we reacted to the updated nsx back in the day....since now all we can do is speculate about a new nsx.

I hate reading threads that NOT ONE link works so you know what they are talking about.dead photo links etc. its like hearing one side of a conversation

bumping this thread may not have been a good thing.

LOL

I hate reading threads that NOT ONE link works so you know what they are talking about.dead photo links etc. its like hearing one side of a conversation

bumping this thread may not have been a good thing.

LOL

sad but true...still, we can't hide from the past..the pic that everone was talking about was of a yellow and blue seen on the street, driven(I think) by someone who still logs on from time to time,and may still work for Honda.

I wonder after all these years, do people still feel the same way about the 02+? Do you think people who used to hate the 02+ still feel the same way now?

I had two pre-2002 NSX's, both red. Picked up a low mileage 2005 beauty, red/tan, earlier this year. There is no comparison for me. I absolutely love the look of the 2002-05 NSX's. It is much more than just fixed headlights!

Indeed many differences:

Interior: The knob, perforated seats, white colored stitched interior, blue gauges, silver center and arm rest panels, perforated door panels and colored mats ...

Exterior: Wheels, Colored brakes, Front bumper, front lip, headlights, hood, rear tails and valance, on the side, the skirts and door panels ....

Yet, I would love to have them ALL but the bug eyes! :D

Oscar

I had loved the NSX since it was introduced. But the NSX looked the same for 11 years, it was due. When the 02 update came, I was impressed. I really felt that it was a great refresh and brought it up to date. On the other hand, when I saw the new NSX-R, I had a hard time connecting with the new spoiler, and overall it seemed a little over the top.

When I decided to buy 6 years ago, I had to have an 02+ all the way. It took me 5 of those years to appreciate the visual changes the R brought as well. Now I have a faux R in black and I really love the look. To me it looks contemporary without being ostentatious.

Even though I was probably in the minority then as now, I'm really glad Honda changed up the look. I hope to someday own both, with one of them being a Zanardi. :biggrin:

Back