• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Newer 2002 NSX Pics

For your viewing pleasure. There is more detail to be seen.
http://northwest.nsxca.org

Don't ask me any questions!
smile.gif

Vytas

Okay, I'm not gonna ask out where the pics came from. However, do u have any idea the exact dimensions, including offset, of the front NSX wheels? I know its 17 x 7, I'm just wondering if the offset is also 55mm like the stock wheels. Thanks.

Ryan

Originally posted by RyRy210:
Okay, I'm not gonna ask out where the pics came from. However, do u have any idea the exact dimensions, including offset, of the front NSX wheels? I know its 17 x 7, I'm just wondering if the offset is also 55mm like the stock wheels. Thanks.

Ryan

I have no technical specs on the 2002 NSX. Just the pictures you see.

Vytas

My 97-T @20K looks more appealing each time I see the 02 pics.

Now if in 05 changes are what is said...then that may be a different story.

Happy to have my 97.

Just wish it would stop raining so I could drive it!

i am getting really depressed....

i planned to own a brand spanking new NSX (spa yellow), only now Honda has taken the ugly stick to it.

Looks like i might have to settle for used NSX or just wait for the next gen....

**sigh**

I'll withhold final judgement until I see one in person, but I think they look pretty good.

Does anyone really know why the change was made? I'd heard rumors that there's a law saying no more pop-up headlights, but I've never seen the details, nor can I fathom why such a law would be passed.

Or is it just that nice, big, exposed xenon headlights are 'in' and pop-up headlights 'out', and Honda just wants to stay current?

-Z18

Some of you guys are starting to sound like those Porsche owners who insist their 1976 911's look better than a 993 or 996. Wait, look at the new cars, appreciate the changes and then make a decision.

I'd heard rumors that there's a law saying no more pop-up headlights

Not true.

Or is it just that nice, big, exposed xenon headlights are 'in' and pop-up headlights 'out', and Honda just wants to stay current?

You got it.

Same deal with the multi-element taillight lenses.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 30 December 2001).]

Its not so much the pop light changes but the front lip of the refresh, it bears too much resemblance to the modena, and its painfully poor at it too.

I just dont see the integrity in mimicking another design? do you?

and on another principle - why all this tinkering in the later years??? Get with the nex gen and stop fussing about god damn it!!

i dont see any point in it and i know for sure the sales figures will say the same thing.

Its heartbreaking to see Honda do this to the NSX - this car is sacred, Mr Honda is rolling in his grave.

I don't see this Modena comparison at ALL!!! I mean, it's not even close. I wish it was similar. I love the Modena and don't like the nose of this NSX.

Modena?????????? Hardly............ no similarities whatsoever. Someone please post a pic of the two side by side so everyone can see. I have it on my comp, but they are not on the web this way, so I can't post it.

------------------
Todd Arnold
NSXotic.gif

http://www.geocities.com/nsxcessive/index.html

"...I'm amazed that people are making decisions on a car they've never even seen in person..."

Yes, Ken...

But I remember making such a sight-unseen decision back in 1990 when I saw that first sketch of a yellow NSX on the cover of Car and Driver.

And then when the actual photos were published I was even more sure that someday I would own a NSX.

wink.gif

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
Looking for 76-79 Honda Accords

I don't see this Modena comparison at ALL!!! I mean, it's not even close. I wish it was similar. I love the Modena and don't like the nose of this NSX.
Modena?????????? Hardly............ no similarities whatsoever. Someone please post a pic of the two side by side so everyone can see. I have it on my comp, but they are not on the web this way, so I can't post it.

perhaps your not artistically tuned as the rest of us??

here's a hint:
look at the nose.....

can someone say poor man's 360

i dont think seeing this doppleganger in person is going to make me change my mind, the damage has been done.

I think they're trying to appeal to a younger
market by homogenizing the looks of the car. Think about how many European/Japanese sedans
all look so much alike. Just another face in the crowd. The NSX has always stood out from the crowd as quite unique, and so has it's owners. It will be a shame if it's evolution causes it to lose that uniqueness.
I think the yellow interior is great, though it's not my cup of tea. I don't like the exposed lights, sorry, I think flip-ups are cool.I always liked the look of different size wheels front to back, why the need to change that? The rear tail lights have got to go-it looks like someone patched a few holes with the wrong colored plastic.Lose those orange circles and just go with the JDM darkened tail lights.I do like the look of the rear from below the bumper. Looking forward to seeing it in person at the NY Auto Show.
Happy New Year to everyone.

Originally posted by NotFast:
I think this misconception is based on daytime running lights. If DRL's were the law, then pop-up lights would be pretty pointless.
Several US cars with pop-up lamps have DRLs -- they use a lower-intensity bulb in one of the auxiliary lamps. I think the C5 Vette and some Saturns do it this way... not sure about the Firebird/TransAm

On Euro and Canadian NSXs, they install DRL units in the front lower bumper opening.

IIRC, the main concerns against pop-ups are:
- increased weight/complexity
- air resistance (NSX are relatively low-profile)

IIRC, the main concerns against pop-ups are:
- increased weight/complexity
- air resistance (NSX are relatively low-profile)

Why air resistance? I would think that the continuation of a smooth, flat body surface - for better aerodynamics - would be easier to provide using pop-up headlights than fixed headlights. For an example, see the 1991-2001 NSX.

Modena or not, I definitely see hints of the 3000GT in the headlight design.

I wish Honda would've skipped this incremental design change and simply focused on bringing out a complete refreshing by way of the next-gen model.

Sorry, a car that shows styling cues from other cars is just not my cup of tea.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
Why air resistance? I would think that the continuation of a smooth, flat body surface - for better aerodynamics - would be easier to provide using pop-up headlights than fixed headlights. For an example, see the 1991-2001 NSX.
There is increased drag when the headlamps are UP (when they are ON).
smile.gif

IMO a cleaner way around this would've been the JGTC-type look ala-F40, which would've been consistent with an early-90s design.

There is increased drag when the headlamps are UP (when they are ON).
smile.gif

Oh yeah, I forgot about driving the car after dark. Duh.
pat.gif

Actually, this time of year, I forget about driving the car entirely...

Back