• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NFR Paint Correction + Ceramic Coating

I was blessed with the opportunity to work on one of my dream cars a few weeks ago. The owner was looking for a 90% correction on his paint. There were plenty of swirls, scratches, and etched water marks in this example.

Here is the break-down of the process including products used to accomplish the amazing results:

1. Decontamination wash with Obsessed Garage Decontamination Soap
  2. Mechanical decontamination with Nanoskin Autoscrub and Glide lubricant
  3. Chemical decontamination with CarPro Iron-X
  4. Compounding with Jescar compound and Meguiars MF cutting pads
  5. Final polish with Meguiars M205 and Rupes yellow pad
  6. Final paint prep with CarPro Eraser
  7. Ceramic coating using Carpro Cquartz

Below are some pictures of the process and final result. Feel free to follow me on IG: nalgas_de_fierro

IMG_0246.jpgIMG_0242.jpgIMG_0243.jpgIMG_0248.jpgIMG_0249.jpgIMG_0250.jpgIMG_0302.jpgIMG_0304.jpgIMG_0306.jpgIMG_0307.jpgIMG_0251.jpgIMG_0253.jpgIMG_0315.JPGIMG_0330.JPGIMG_0329.JPGIMG_0311.JPGIMG_0313.JPGIMG_0312.JPGIMG_0334.JPG

I was blessed with the opportunity to work on one of my dream cars a few weeks ago. The owner was looking for a 90% correction on his paint. There were plenty of swirls, scratches, and etched water marks in this example.

Here is the break-down of the process including products used to accomplish the amazing results:

1. Decontamination wash with Obsessed Garage Decontamination Soap
  2. Mechanical decontamination with Nanoskin Autoscrub and Glide lubricant
  3. Chemical decontamination with CarPro Iron-X
  4. Compounding with Jescar compound and Meguiars MF cutting pads
  5. Final polish with Meguiars M205 and Rupes yellow pad
  6. Final paint prep with CarPro Eraser
  7. Ceramic coating using Carpro Cquartz

Below are some pictures of the process and final result. Feel free to follow me on IG: nalgas_de_fierro

Do you do a clay bar process?

I will do the same treatment in August. How did you remove the amber and red side markers ? Thank you !

Fantastic detail job blueap2, that NSX looks great! I've always waxed my cars, but that ceramic coating really brings out that fresh glossy look better imho.

Marker light

Nice work.
Question, I need to remove the orange, front marker light to change the bulbs and I can’t figure out to do so without scratching or taking out the inner fender liner. PLEASE tell me how you go the light out for your cleaning job so I can do the same without scratching shit up?

Cheers
nigel

Nice work.
Question, I need to remove the orange, front marker light to change the bulbs and I can’t figure out to do so without scratching or taking out the inner fender liner. PLEASE tell me how you go the light out for your cleaning job so I can do the same without scratching shit up?

Cheers
nigel

from the side closest to where your front wheel is, pull back the rubber gasket. then using a flat head screwdriver wrapped in a piece of electrical tape you can push the little black clip / tab towards the front bumper. the marker should come out. once you pull the gasket back you'll see the little clip / tab thingy and it will make sense.

Back