• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

No Longer Available - Blue Convex Sideview Mirrors

EDIT - No Longer Available. I decided to just swap the glass back to OEM since we're getting close to driving season over here.

I bought and installed these about ten years ago with the NSX Prime group buy. To be honest I never really got used to them and am going back back to stock during the downtime this winter.

You can buy blue convex mirrors at the link below for about $120, but you'll need to go through the trouble of doing the swap. Dipping the OEM mirrors in hot water, prying apart the double-sided tape while trying to pry the OEM lip holder away, risking breaking the OEM glass, etc was a pain.
Blue Convex NSX Mirrors

I'm therefore proposing a swap with cash on your end. You send me your OEM sideview mirrors in good shape (no mirror scratches and black plastic bezels in good condition) plus $200, and I will ship you my mirrors already swapped into the black plastic bezels plus the OEM glass in case you ever wanted to go back to OEM. Once I receive your mirrors I will ship mine the next business day. I'm flexible on payments depending if you have a good reputation on here. Before the server swap I had flawless seller feedback....

Below are a few threads on removing/installing the mirrors. You can see from my pictures below how I removed the power mirror operators and left the little white plastic positioning rods intact on the mirrors. You can do what you feel comfortable removing and I'll ship my mirrors to you the way I receive yours. Please remove your power operators though.
Thread 1
Thread 2

Pics of what you'd receive (white plastic rods depend on what you send me but I would recommend you do what I did and just pull them out of the window motors instead of taking a chance trying to pop them out of the housing). Please note only one portion of a mirror black plastic bezel has small pry marks (detailed picture). I have no idea how that happened as I didn't use anything to pry out the old mirrors.

Thanks,

Dave
OEM Glass.jpg
P1.jpg
P2.jpg
D1.jpg
D2.jpg
D3.jpg

Last edited:
Surely someone wants to update their old mirrors to blue convex technology? Get a wider field of view to protect your investment!

This saves you the headache of doing the swap and/or breaking the glass. Also, you'll receive OEM mirrors in case you want to put it back OEM someday.

Price lowered from $200 to $50!

Just send me your good condition OEM mirrors in the black trim, and I'll send you the blue mirrors in the black trim plus the OEM glass. Pretty easy and cheap if you've ever wanted to try the tinted convex mirrors! I'll turn around and send you my mirrors within two days.

Back