• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

No NSX for 2002.......?

the list/cost price of the NSX has increased over the years. So comparing what someone was able to pick up a new 98 for in 99 versus what you'd have to pay for a 00 in 01 is not a fair comparision

The base list (MSRP) price of the NSX is the same today as it was for 1997: $84K for a coupe, $88K for an NSX-T. Transportation cost has risen $20. I'm not sure about the dealer cost but I don't think it's gone up much either.

A 2000 Monaco blue with 380 miles just went through the Orlando auction and the owner took 65k!!!!!!!! Damn, I should've told my buyer to buy it!!!!

------------------
Todd Arnold
NSXotic.gif

http://www.geocities.com/nsxcessive/index.html

Originally posted by FAQ Nazi:

The base list (MSRP) price of the NSX is the same today as it was for 1997: $84K for a coupe, $88K for an NSX-T. Transportation cost has risen $20. I'm not sure about the dealer cost but I don't think it's gone up much either.

Your right! I blew it. No soup for me!
biggrin.gif

I'll see if I can find out the cost differences from 98/99/00/01. I know the sales manager pretty well. When I was looking at buying the new 99 White NSX he let me see his numbers off the computer (the real numbers).

------------------
Hal Jones
Lake Oswego, Oregon
95T Blk\Blk SportShift

Originally posted by Nsxotic:
A 2000 Monaco blue with 380 miles just went through the Orlando auction and the owner took 65k!!!!!!!! Damn, I should've told my buyer to buy it!!!!

Well, don't get too carried away. There is a huge difference between buying a car wholesale at Manheim for $65K and buying a preowned from someone in the NSXCA. You have to be really careful just buying one at auction. Most of the ones I have seen have been wrecked. Used dealers will buy them cheap, fix them up and sell them quick. Of worse yet, new dealers will be stuck with a new car for 12+ months, use it modestyly and then sell it quick to get out from under the load of floorplanning the car so long. Either way, both cars look alike.

My car has been garaged and stored constantly since new. It has 3,000 road miles of the 6,400 miles on the car. The car stays washed and covered when not in use. The car has only seen rain twice... once while driving it back from Wisconsin and once while showing it to Lud from NSXPRIME.
smile.gif

Well, I have already had 3 dealers offer me as much as $68K to fill the orders they have for cars from interested buyers. I think that $75K is a moderate price for what I can offer someone. My car is an excellent example of a well cared for, low mileage car with all the goodies to boot.

Akira3D I share your regret that If I could have found a slightly used car for as much as $20K less than what I paid, I would have jumped on it in a minute. The fact is that even if I did pay more than list for the car, I got a great lease deal for only $996 per month.
smile.gif

------------------
Gordon G. Miller, III
2000 NSX-T #51 Yellow/Black

Akira3D I share your regret that If I could have found a slightly used car for as much as $20K less than what I paid, I would have jumped on it in a minute.

G-man, I actually have no regrets for buying new. I was only expressing concern at the possibilty of finding a new NSX of a previous model year at a such a discount. I have heard horror stories of people who got great deals on used exotics only to find out they got burned in the months that followed.

On an unrelated note, if you recall, I had been waiting on my coworker to sell me his black/black '97 NSX-T before I decided to buy new. Glad I didn't wait...he still has his NSX and decided to keep her when his prancin' horse arrives.

Back