• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

No production TLX-Type S in sight? Acura you are losing another customer -

A TLX Type-S and a Passport are two really, really different vehicles. But in the final analysis, Honda got your money anyway so they're happy anyway!

A TLX Type-S and a Passport are two really, really different vehicles. But in the final analysis, Honda got your money anyway so they're happy anyway!

Well I for sure get THAT, DJ. On both.
Any more insight on TLX-Type S new out there (altho too late for this discussion 'cause already bought) ?

Last edited:
All Acura has said officially is that the TLX-S will be available in "late May". They haven't even given a timeframe yet for the MDX-S, at least not that I've seen.

Just leased my wife a 2021 Acura TLX A Spec and I can honestly say, it's amazing. Did White/Red, AWD and added the optional under-body spoiler kit. If the Type S is anything like the A-Spec, they have a winner on their hands.

The media has been testing the TLX Type-S in California for the last couple of days. The embargo on information release is 5/20/21. I'm hoping the hype holds up. The videos coming out of the test site certainly make the car look and sound decent.

Unfortunately, having test driven the non-S TLX, I find myself needing a functional back seat....so I've ended up in a lightly used, 6-month-in service 2020 RLX Sport Hybrid, my second one of the breed. At $43k for an essentially new car, I've saved over 30% off MSRP for a new one, and nearly 10% off typical transaction prices for what's left of the new cars.

In any case, the TLX Type S will still be around in three years when my son finishes high school, leaves the nest, and I no longer need any back seat at all. I so want Acura to hit a home run with this car.

neuronbob it sounds like you got a good deal on that 2020 RLX Hybrid, and you know the thing well.

So..... I got a telly call today from Jose at Dave White Acura, Toledo/Sylvania, Ohio, advising first come - first deposit placed will get their first TLX-S that is due in before the end of May. He stated they just found out they were getting one, color remains unknown, and it would likely be $52-53 K plus tax, etc making it approx $55 K out the door. I had visited this dealership a few times - it's about 55 miles south of me - and Jose seemed like a really decent sales guy. Anyone looking give him a ring.

Some of the features being showcased are really cool.

Rear seat brace that still allows the rear seats to be folded? That’s cool, and I’m thankful I hav a station wagon and wife’s SUV to cart big objects.

Possible carbon diffuser? Sweet

That stock exhaust note? Awesome, though I’m sure aftermarket will one up it.

Can hardly wait to see the driving impressions.

Back