• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

No waxing or clear bra for at least 60 days from the build date!

Just an interesting fact that I'm sure owners will be told upon the delivery, due to the unique paint process the NSX cannot be washed with solvents or clear bra'd for a least 60 days from the born on date. While the painted panels are baked at the factory, It may take up to 60 days for the solvents to breathe and set properly.

In other words, don't go running to your local clear bra installer till you have waited the required time!

Enjoy

Interesting. I didn't know they were using special paints. I wonder if this is conservative general advice, or truly specific to the NSX. Will feel weird to not be able to get it waxed for so long. And I had planned on clear bra prior to tracking it-- but not going to wait 60 days to track it!

Keep the info coming! Thanks again.

Interesting. I didn't know they were using special paints. I wonder if this is conservative general advice, or truly specific to the NSX. Will feel weird to not be able to get it waxed for so long. And I had planned on clear bra prior to tracking it-- but not going to wait 60 days to track it!

Keep the info coming! Thanks again.

Well the good news is there is no break in period, track ready right out the box.

Wish Nissan had stated it some time ago.
Back in late '02 I had my '03 350Z clear bra'd shortly after pre-order delivery.
A week or so after application some small areas of bumper around lights were not not adhering well.
So Shop decided to just re-do the entire bumper.
Upon 3M film removal, so did some of the OEM Paint get removed!
I think the issue might be due to installer just pulling off the film vs heating first. But couldn't get a straight answer since he claimed heating was not necessary, early on anyway.
And that began a very long and upsetting battle with the installer keeping it in the shop a long time while trying to get repaint to match perfectly.
And due to the car being in their shop for several weeks and moved around regularly, I found a good size dent in a rear wheel well edge on pick up day. And it was more than could be removed by Dent wizard magic.
In the end, he kept my cash and refused to reapply filming (though promised to do it after winter lay-up) , claiming it was used to repaint the bumper, plus dropped promise to cover damage repairs after the lay-up.
There was a lot more issues which fell out over time which I won't go into here.
Bottom line is I'll ponder doing the film (at all) and if so doing it, postpone application for awhile. We'll see.

Back