• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Noise from the rear wheels. Solutions

I had this problem-a clicking noise, and for me it turned out to be the center caps not being tightly bound. Others found some corrosion at the wheel hub. I saw this note from Chris Wilson in his response to someone asking if the wheel spacers were the cause of the noise.

I tried to post a copy of what Chris said, but you cannot just paste stuff. I hate this!
58826ceb-96f5-48a1-81ed-ad6e78c010dd

eedddcfd-46bd-4bff-8329-cb48ea09fda2

eedddcfd-46bd-4bff-8329-cb48ea09fda2

2099ad25-0bf5-4cd9-a0af-82a9da3b09ec

Attachments

• chris.pdf
    245.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
I was finally able to attach a pdf of the email that Chris Wilson sent with respect to the spacers. See above

I had the clicking noise in my nsx and the solutions is lubricating the clips around the brake rotors. Apparently maclarens suffer from the same issue. They lubed them and voila... no more noises

Apparently the brakes are two piece brakes with clips. These clips if not lubed make the noise. Not sure what lube they used but i guess something like wd40 or equivalent should work. I am not a mechanic but it worked for my car

Back