• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Car Cover

I have an original NSX car cover. It has the cover, bag, lock and instructions. It also has the blue lettering on the bag and the cover. I read that the blue lettering covers were made for the later model NSX's but the instructions in the bag is dated 1990. Can someone clarify the difference between red and blue letter covers? Does the color indicate what year they were produced? Thanks!

let us know what you find. After being on prime for 22 years I don't recall a discussion of blue vs red

The cover switched for 02 - 05 and the logo on the bag and the cover were blue.

That's simple: the covers with the Red lettering are for Republican NSX owners, and the Blue lettered ones are for Democrat NSX owners...LOL!!!

That's simple: the covers with the Red lettering are for Republican NSX owners, and the Blue lettered ones are for Democrat NSX owners...LOL!!!
I would say that your analysis is flawed.

First I need to ask why my profile says ***New Member*** when my join date is April 2006?? (maybe not the correct forum to ask here) And by the way I have just over 200,000 miles on my 1994. My mechanic in Monroe Washington says everything looks great. And I still have people taking pictures of the car when I take it out. But, back to my question regarding red vs blue cover lettering, is "mooney56" correct regarding the years the cover was offered in red and the years it was offered in blue??

First I need to ask why my profile says ***New Member*** when my join date is April 2006?? (maybe not the correct forum to ask here) And by the way I have just over 200,000 miles on my 1994. My mechanic in Monroe Washington says everything looks great. And I still have people taking pictures of the car when I take it out. But, back to my question regarding red vs blue cover lettering, is "mooney56" correct regarding the years the cover was offered in red and the years it was offered in blue??
Mooney 56 is correct:
- 1991-2001: both cover and bag have red lettering
- 2002-2005: both cover and bag have blue lettering

My situation is the opposite of your situation: 2002 NSX with a 1991-2001 cover with red lettering.
If of interest, we can trade our covers. My cover is in great condition and it comes with the bag, the lock, and the instruction. I may still have the original cardboard box when shipped from Acura. Just let me know!

Your badge is based on post count, not join date. Once you hit 10, the "new" goes away. :)

Mooney 56 is correct:
- 1991-2001: both cover and bag have red lettering
- 2002-2005: both cover and bag have blue lettering

My situation is the opposite of your situation: 2002 NSX with a 1991-2001 cover with red lettering.
If of interest, we can trade our covers. My cover is in great condition and it comes with the bag, the lock, and the instruction. I may still have the original cardboard box when shipped from Acura. Just let me know!
Hi. Thanks for your post. I guess that clears up the confusion some of us had regarding the covers. I'm not interested in a red letter cover just because I love the blue lettering! And actually I don't use the cover. I had my NSX professionally polished and the tech told me a cover will trap dust and dirt and scratch the finish. So I should sell it but I feel like it goes with the car.

Hi. Thanks for your post. I guess that clears up the confusion some of us had regarding the covers. I'm not interested in a red letter cover just because I love the blue lettering! And actually I don't use the cover. I had my NSX professionally polished and the tech told me a cover will trap dust and dirt and scratch the finish. So I should sell it but I feel like it goes with the car.
If you ever sell your cover an 02-05 cover is worth its weight in gold. The low price with cover, bag, lock and instructions should be in the $1250 range and the high price is what I set at $3,000 but the money did not matter to me so my high price is probably not reasonable.

If you ever sell your cover an 02-05 cover is worth its weight in gold. The low price with cover, bag, lock and instructions should be in the $1250 range and the high price is what I set at $3,000 but the money did not matter to me so my high price is probably not reasonable.
Thanks for that info. :)

Interesting! I can't say I ever knew the difference. I have both but prefer the SOS satin one in black.

Back