• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX coming out party

It looks like firing up the grill, or at least eating if I change the menu, somewhere between 12:00 and 1:00. I will provide all except alcohol. BYO.
I would like to know who will start the day early at Katie's. I already know combatdad will.
I would also like to know who will participate in a kart event that I will set up for the middle of the afternoon. The kart track is not far from the house so it ought to be a nice little run, but the cops have been out in force so we will have to behave!
Please PM responses. Also, if you need address and directions, make that a PM request and I will give you the details.
Rain date? Rain or Shine? Please offer your opinion.
Michael

Others still welcome so don't be bashful :biggrin:<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Just curious, who all is planning to bring GF's or wives?
I am more curious as to who is bringing both :p

If it is that kind of event, I was going to bring my wife along. She isn't hugely excited though, so if it is a guy thing that's fine.

I had one, original respondee ask about his GF. I said she was welcome and offered that to the wider group.
It is pretty much a guy thing from my (limited) point of view. My wife is out of town which is how the date got selected...not that she would not have had a GREAT time :rolleyes:

I'm leaving the wife home. Her interest in horsepower extends as far as the four legged variety.

I will be headed to Katies on Saturday morning. I will not be able to make it to the BBQ but it will be good to see all the NSXs at katies and meeting a few more owners. See you there.

I will be attending

Date : Committed to June 9.

We should start getting a head count on who's attending:

1. grybrd
2. io1010i
3. NSXwolf
4. combatdad
6. blue_myriddn (w/wife so others might want to consider, too)

Ben is not attending :-(

Last edited:
+1 (can't make it to Katie's, though)

Date : Committed to June 9.

We should start getting a head count on who's attending:

1. grybrd
2. io1010i
3. NSXwolf
4. combatdad
5. Patdeisa (w/ boy; 1 hour or so)
6. blue_myriddn (w/wife so others might want to consider, too)

Out! 2>4 wheels. See Bryan what happens when you fix the engine?

We need to fix yours. Text me what needs to be done will work on it.

Out! 2>4 wheels. See Bryan what happens when you fix the engine?

We need to fix yours. Text me what needs to be done will work on it.

Absolutely no idea what this means...
But we are on for June 9: NSX Coming Out Party!
Katies from 7-9 for those who can make it.
If you have nothing better to do afterward, my house in Reston to hang out until we fire up the grill at around noon. (pool table uncovered, lake across the street with a couple of kayaks)
If there's enough interest we can run over to the indoor cart place on 28 for a few laps in the afternoon.
Food provided. Soft drinks, but BYOB.

PM for directions

Last edited:
Michael,

Thanks for hosting this event. Great showing of NSX's at Katie's and an even better gathering at your house. Looking forward to another get together in the future.

Dave

Many thanks to those who attended. It was a great to see the assortment of NSXs and their owners. Hopefully the first of what may be periodic get togethers in our area.
Michael

Wish I was able to make it out, but had another commitment for the afternoon with the wife. Next time!

thanks to mike for hosting this party.

had a great time and it was good seeing Marc and Byran!

Thanks Michael for hosting and the BBQ. The boy and I had a great time!

It was good to meet up with some other owners too. Congrats on the new car, 26M 4NSX! It was also nice to see the Aston too!

Last edited:
Thanks Michael for your wonderful hospitality and for getting us all together, was a great day with some great people and my wife really enjoyed it.

Big thanks also to everyone for helping out with moving the ipod unit to the center dash, I really appreciate that. After meeting me and watching my "work", I think you can all agree that I never would have gotten it in there and working without the assistance!

Here's a few photos from the day:
v3RvO.jpg

mdT8f.jpg

wa12x.jpg

I never got out my camera and soooo much appreciate that you did. The hawk chics pic is AWESOME!

Some additional photos. For those not there, the first couple were at Michael's...the rest at Katie's.

Attachments

• IMG_1290R1.jpg
    IMG_1290R1.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1291R1.jpg
    IMG_1291R1.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1280R1.jpg
    IMG_1280R1.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1282R1.jpg
    IMG_1282R1.jpg