• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Corral at Petit LeMans

I got the invite, and would like to go, but I can't determine which day the parade lap is. Is that on Friday or Saturday? Where is a real detailed schedule?

I'm planning on going and just booked a room at the Hilton Gardens Inn. Telephone number is 770-532.3396. There are very few rooms left in the area.

How do you get an invitation? I was thinking about going but I haven't seen anything about it. Can someone send the information. I am in Savannah and would love to drive up for it.

How do you get an invitation? I was thinking about going but I haven't seen anything about it. Can someone send the information. I am in Savannah and would love to drive up for it.

If you are a member with the NSXCA you should recieve an invitation email with purchase instructions.

I'm a member but I haven't received anything yet. Hopefully it will come soon. Is there an email address I can send a request to?

Yes it is. Are you planning on going?

Don't know yet.
Might bring the kid up there so we can experience it together if I do.
I've not had the fortune to take advantage of the chance yet so I'm thinking real seriously about it.
Sounds like a really good time.

Still waiting for the detailed schedule that Jeff asked about. Thanks.

BUMP: This event is now less than 30 days away. When will the detailed information, especially regarding Friday's schedule and the parade lap, be released?

Still waiting for my tickets to show up? :)
Looks like I'm driving down Thursday morning to be sure to be there for the parade lap.

My "ticket" came in an email just moments after I ordered it. You print it out and it's got a special barcode thing they will scan when you arrive. However, the ticket says "Please PRINT THIS RECEIPT and bring it with you to the event entrance. If you cannot print this receipt, please bring a PHOTO ID." So you're safe, as long as they really got your order.

The title of the email containing the confirmation was "Order Confirmation for NSXCA - ALMS Car Coral - Road Atlanta 10/3-4"

Maybe your's was blocked by anti-spam?

Jeff

I was asked where I wanted the tickets mailed to...my office or my house. So I was expecting physical tickets to be sent.

I guess I better go back thru my emails and check...but to my knowledge, no ticket. I definitely paid the $170 for two however...have the receipt for that!

I didn't get an email ticket either and I have paid as well. Also need to know when we will get an itinerary showing when stuff happens so I can plan my trip.:confused:

I'm still waiting for any ticket to show up. How do we know if it's going to be via email or snail mail?

Sorry Guys... I didn't know this thread was running... I had posted it in the SE forum. There is a detailed schedule posted, we had to wait to get that from the event staff and got the final scedule on Monday. The "ticket" that if refferred to above is the reciept for the event. You will need to pickup your ticket at the Will Call Desk. Registration has been extended to Weds at noon. I will be going up then to ensure that all tickets are ready at the Will Call. Below is the event schedule. Please let me know if you have any questions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Acura Owners’ Hospitality & Car Corral

PETIT LE MANS
POWERED BY THE TOTALLY NEW MAZDA 6
Road Atlanta / Braselton, Georgia
October 3 - 4, 2008

Friday, October 3, 2008

9:00 am Acura Owners’ Hospitality open
Sign-up for Acura NSX parade lap (limit 50 Acura NSXs, first-come-first-serve)
9:05 am - 10:05 am Practice - American Le Mans Series (All Classes)
10:20 am - 11:20 am SPEED World Challenge Tour Car Race - 50 Minute Window
11:00 am State of the Series Press Conference (Classroom - Administrative Building)
11:30 am - 12:30 pm Catered lunch provided by Acura
12:00 pm - 12:15 pm Acura Motorsport LMP2 team visit
12:15 am – 12:30 pm Mobil 1 tech presentation
12:20 pm - 1:20 pm SPEED World Challenge GT Race - 50 Minute Window
12:30 pm –12:45 pm Michelin Motorsports tech presentation
12:30 pm American Le Mans Series Tech Talk - Location TBD
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm MANDATORY DRIVER AUTOGRAPH SESSION FOR ALL AMERICAN LE MANS SERIES DRIVERS IN
AMERICAN LE MANS SERIES COMPETITOR PADDOCK
2:10 pm - 3:10 pm Cooper Tires Atlantic Championship Powered by Mazda Race - 50 Minute Window
3:25 pm - 3:50 pm Qualifying - American Le Mans Series (GT1 / GT2)
3:55 pm - 4:20 pm Qualifying - American Le Mans Series (LM P1/LM P2)
4:30 pm - 5:30 pm Star Mazda Championship presented by Goodyear Race - 45 Minutes
6:45 pm Mandatory parade lap drivers and passengers safety briefing by IMSA
7:00 pm Stage credentialed NSXs for parade lap
7:15 pm - 7:45 pm IMSA facilitated Acura NSX (50 cars maximum) Corral Parade Laps
7:15 pm Acura Owners’ Hospitality closed. No overnight parking allowed.

Saturday, October 4, 2008

8:00 am Acura Owners’ Hospitality open
8:15 am - 8:40 am Warm Up - American Le Mans Series (All Classes)
9:00 am - 9:30 am Volkswagen Jetta TDI Cup Race - 30 Minutes
9:30 am – 10:00 am Acura visit
Raffle drawing for one IMSA-guided hot pit tour (must be 18 years or older & physically qualified for hot pit duties)
10:15 am - 11:15 am Recon Laps / Pre-Race Activities / American Le Mans Series Vitesse Program (by invitation only)
11:15 am Petit Le Mans Powered by the Totally New Mazda 6 for the American Le Mans Series (Round 11) –
1,000 miles or 10 hours maximum
End of race Acura Owners’ Hospitality closed

Notes:
·Schedule subject to change.
·Unless otherwise noted, planned activities will be held at the hospitality tent.
·Acura parking exclusive to credentialed Acura NSXs only. No overnight parking.
·Must have hospitality credentials to access hospitality amenities, raffle drawings, etc.
·Radio Scanner users: IMSA race control frequency - 451.1750
·IMSA-Guided “Hot Pit” tour winner must be 18 years or older and physically fit. IMSA provided credentials are non-transferable.
·For event and ticket information, please contact NSX Club of America

For all those that have their own tickets. You will need to go to the Will Call area and look for the Acura Car Corral booth. You will just need to ask to be added to the list. There is a limit to the number of stickers that they will give out, and they will be first come first serve.

Dewain:

Great event my wife and I had a great time. It was fun meeting everyone that came in for it. Thanks for a fun couple of days and I look forward to next year!

David:biggrin:

I'm sure others will have a bunch of much better pictures, but here's where we were in the pits, heading out for the parade lap.

NSXParade.jpg

Jeff

I think there were around 13-15 NSX's there. We also had a Ford GT as well and about 9 Honda S2000's. Wish there had been more but we had a good crowd anyway. The drivers came in to talk with us on Friday and you could go down to the pit and get autographs as well. I got all the Acura drivers to autograph my helmet.

I had to cancel at the last moment as I needed to move into my new house this weekend. I watched the last 30 laps of the race on TV and the crash was amazingly scary.

Besides wanting to go to the Petite this year to be part of another Acura event, I was also planning on watching the VW Jetta TDI Cup race. My friend who I partially sponsored took a second place finish to give him the points to take the Championship title of this inaugural series. He won a nice rookie purse and has had offers from a few major teams to be a driver. everyone needs to keep a watch for Josh Hurley to become a big name driver in the next few years.

Back