• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Craze - Holloween Run II - Austin/Hill Country

UPDATED 9-9-98 @ 5:45 PM.

We are scheduled for Oct. 31 - Nov. 2, 2008 for the NSX Craze III (Holloween Run II)

Here is a rough schedule of what we have;

Friday, Oct. 31st (Arrival) 7 - 8 PM
We are trying to work out a deal with a different hotel right now putting us closer to the morning meeting spots (Holiday Inn Exp. on Pecan Parkway). Should work out. If so, we will meet up at RC Fowlers about 1/4 mile down 620 from there. It's the same place we met a year ago.

Saturday, Nov. 1st
8:30 - 9 AM - Meet at Rudy's BBQ to eat and gas up.
9:30 AM SHARP - Drive to San Marcos
11 AM - Harris Hill Road (http://harrishillroad.com) for track event (see Alas-NSX's post below)
1:30 - Drive back roads to Gruene, TX to Grist Mill for lunch
AFTER LUNCH - Nap time in your cars
or
Hillcountry back roads towards Austin (routes being finalized)
More to come.......

Sunday Nov. 2nd
Brunch - Drive - Swap Meet for any parts you may have to sell and/or trade
Still finalizing....... More to come.....

Remember that it would help to have you guys tell us if you plan on coming. It will make it easier to set up parking for our cars, if need be.

Attending as of update;
1. Luis Rodriguez - TxChopperGuy (I'm pretty sure I can make it)
2. Gil - Synergy004 No car
3. José Alas - Alas-NSX: Count me in. (I would offer up rooms but Scott and and Z have dibs).
4. Scott....TXvsLV (always in for a drive boys...thanks for the place to stay Jose, Monica, and baby!!!!)
5. Matt - matt_337
6. JEFF BAKER - ( It's goin down again!!!!!! )
7. Greg MF'n Z ( and of course Leslie)
8. Nick - Fastrunner
9. Vince - Twins&a2seater
10. Gus - bsurdio
11. Nathan - Unlemming
12. Ojas - Ojas

Last edited:
Hard to believe it's been almost a year since we did the first Halloween Run. It's that time again!

We are scheduled for Oct. 31 - Nov. 2, 2008. The only problem I've heard of is that Gil may not have his NSX ready. So should we push it back a couple of weeks? I am completely down with that.

I will start posting the event schedule as I finalize it. Alas-NSX (Jose) made a thread for dinner tomorrow. We can discuss what plans, routes, events, etc. at the dinner. Feel free to tell us what you'd like to see. Past events you guys liked and new suggestions you'd like to give would be appreciated.

I will also have two rooms available at my house for those that would like to avoid a hotel room.

One thing that would help is to have you guys tell me if you plan on coming. It will make it easier to set up parking for our cars, if need be.

Oh yeah, does anyone know how to make this a sticky?

Attending;

Hey Luis, the party still has to roll on, I am still going no matter! I need a BEER:cool:

2. Gil - Synergy004 No car :frown:

2. Gil - Synergy004 No car :frown:
3. José Alas - Alas-NSX: --> Harris Hill Road

-José

Last edited:
3. José Alas - Alas-NSX: Count me in. (I would offer up rooms but Scott and and Z have dibs).
4. Scott....TXvsLV (always in for a drive boys...thanks for the place to stay Jose, Monica, and baby!!!!)

Project Jesus is the codename for the baby......fyi.:biggrin:

Well guys, I've been so long for this event. Finally getting a chance to go, but something came up. I won't be able to make it. If Gil doesn't have his car done by then. I'll let him drive mine again. Hopefully next year I'll have a chance to go.

I should be there

5. Matt - matt_337

Planning options

Luis, Ojas, Chris and I did some quick planning a few nights ago for NSX Craze.

We have a pretty good plan, but would like to see if there is any interest in a few hours of track driving at Harris Hill Road (http://harrishillroad.com/). The event would be lead follow and would be geared towards first timers just wanting to take it easy on the track and drivers with more experience. The details are as follows.

- $1000 for up to 20 cars
- We can cover the event with our insurance if it's lead/follow+
- *Anyone* can get in on the initial parade lap (no helmets, slower pace), including cars over the 20 limit
- We could run it from 11am-1pm and then give everyone a chance to hang out for a bit before the member session starts at 2pm (allows us some buffer room for spillover in the schedule, too).
- Two groups, beginner/novice and intermediate/advanced

Schedule would be similar to this:

11:00-11:15am - Parade Lap
11:20-11:40am - Group 1 (Int/Adv)
11:45a-12:05p - Group 2 (Novice)
12:10-12:30pm - Group 1
12:35-12:55pm - Group 2
1:00-1:20pm - Solo time for advanced group only (no passing, limited cars on course, full hot laps)

I need a confirmation of who would be in 100%. I would calculate the costs for each individual and also see what contributions NSXCA can make to offset the total price.

This would be one hour total of drive time for what could be $50 bucks a person. We have other events scheduled around this. This is only a small part of the days activities.

Again please post here and add to your name if your are 100% commited.

Thanks,
José

5. Matt - matt_337
6. JEFF BAKER - ( It's goin down again!!!!!! ) :cool:

Yawl know whats up:biggrin:

5. Matt - matt_337

5. Matt - matt_337
8. Nick - Fastrunner

5. Matt - matt_337
8. Nick - Fastrunner

Now it's looking like the start of a party!!!

What do you guys think of the track event? Give us your opinions so we can either secure it or go with a couple of other options Jose, Michael, Ojas, and I brought up.

Oh yeah, I have one room left at my house.

5. Matt - matt_337
8. Nick - Fastrunner

May be able to make it,but it's still a little early to schedule.

ACD

Track is confirmed for Saturday November 1st at 11:00am to 1:20pm.

Will be a great time.

Jose

5. Matt - matt_337
8. Nick - Fastrunner
10. Nathan - unlemming

I'm in for the track, offcourse!

If you're going offcourse at the track, I'm staying away from you. :eek: :biggrin:

5. Matt - matt_337
8. Nick - Fastrunner
10. Nathan - unlemming
11. Ojas - Ojas

Back