• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX dis'd at Beverly Hills Rent-A-Car

flaminio said:
Many people drive a Ferrari for one reason, style. .

For the average owner this is likely a true statement, although you know... I always thought it was more ego.

flaminio said:
The gorgeous look is hard to imitate, just ask the designers of the Acura NSX.

The introduction dates of the 348, 355, 360, and NSX would essentially prove that notion false. Anyways, who wants their NSX to look like a Ferrari (ok, maybe besides that one club member in Japan with the Ferrari badges) :biggrin:

Besides, it's Beverly Hills yo- you don't wanna be seen in an NSX.. do you?? That is like sooo 90's, hello!!

Last edited:
Many people drive an NSX for one reason, style. The gorgeous look is hard to imitate, just ask the designers of the Ferrari.

NSXnBRLA said:
Ill take an NSX's look with the reliability/upkeep of a civic anyday over a ferrari's look, and the reliability/upkeep of a ferrari.

The Ferrari makes a hot, sexy date and you'll always want a ride, but it's just not a life-long live-in partner. :tongue:

That was some of the worst driving I think I have ever seen.
What a moron. What a beautiful car, in the hands of an idiot.
BTW, I would rather own an NSX (soon as I can find it) than rent a Ferrari.

:biggrin:

And he has a pic of a 355 the second least attractive car in that series right behind the 348. What a major design hicup between the 308 and 360. IMO.

I don't think it's a "dis". It's no secret that Honda was going after the 348 when the NSX was in development. There are obvious similarities between the 2 cars. The front ends are almost identical and the ducts along the sides are close as well.

348ts.jpg

Last edited:
similarites? Have you seen the new vette? i mean the new ferrari, nsx, rx7....

this cracks me up from that page..

Racing with Ferrari

James Bond raced against a F355 in Goldeneye. During the scene Bond's Aston collided with the F355, which was a loaner from the company, causing damage. As a result, the script was changed so that the F355 would win the race so that the crew would not have to pay for the damage.

Anybody notice that they also rent S2000's? They are pretty sweet on Honda on the "S2000 GTS" page... Where did the "GTS" moniker come from?
I am thinking the market for that site are dreamers who don't know $#^t about the cars they are dreaming of...
I always DID think it would be fun to rent an F-car to drive the PCH- but the lastr time I was out there I noticed that the Hertz branch near LAX rents 360's and F355's, no need to do business with "Beverly Hills Rent-a-car"

Philip

Anybody noticed that they even don't know shit about Ferrari? They write:

F335 Facts:
* Introduced in 1995
* 375 Horsepower, V8 Engine
* F335 F1 uses a manual gearbox without a clutch but 2 wheel-mount levers.

So it seems they invented a new model called 335 :frown:

Hugh said:
I don't think it's a "dis". It's no secret that Honda was going after the 348 when the NSX was in development. There are obvious similarities between the 2 cars. The front ends are almost identical and the ducts along the sides are close as well.

348ts.jpg
From what I have read, the NSX look was more of the Testarossa. When the NS-X came out in the show, there was no 348.
Steve

Maybe the NSX looks most like the Ferrari 408 Integrale? (As Honda claimed to have gotten styling cues...)

Drew
/Amazed at how fast the knowledge base deteriorates.

Attachments

• 408integrale1.jpg
    408integrale1.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 438
  • 408integrale2a.jpg
    408integrale2a.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 437
Last edited:
whiteNSXs said:
When the NS-X came out in the show, there was no 348.
Steve
348 was already a series car in 1989 - sketches should have been released before, so I doubt your sentence.
Look at that mag cover from 1990 when the NSX was still a late prototype:
1990-08-sci-0.jpg

Last edited:
These are the same people that have a Volkswagen Beetle Conv. in the sports section and a hard top in the economy section. Makes sense.... :confused:

I want the S2000 GTS that they have....that has got to be some special model!! I wonder how different it is from my standard '02 S2000?? :biggrin: :confused: :tongue: :rolleyes:

nsxtasy said:
Many people drive an NSX for one reason, style. The gorgeous look is hard to imitate, just ask the designers of the Ferrari.

Awesome response!!!
:biggrin:

Back