• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX for sale for non-inflated prices?

By non-inflated, I mean 2019 - early 2021 prices :) (e.g. 110-120k)

If not, I wonder when they will come back down to earth, maybe next year?

Looking to buy.

i'm sure most if not all the people on this forum are hoping the prices never come down. All about supply and demand. the supply won't be very good for gen2's given that the 2022 is the last model year, so including the limited run of type s's i think there will be just about 3000 give or take for the world. demand seems to be higher now than ever. i know BaT just sold a 2020 indy yellow highly optioned for 186k. i don't know if these cars will ever dip to the 110-120 level for a gen 2 in the next few years, i'd highly doubt 2019+ will ever dip that low in the next few years. gen2's weren't hyped at launch nor during it's on sale time but most of the press is catching on late. easy to say since i own a 21 but having had other similar cars in mclarens, r8, and gallardos it's a fantastic car. build quality is exceptional and the performance is absolutely there. on paper specs aren't as eye popping as other cars but trust me it's a rocket. at the 150kish price point there really isn't anything as good nor has the exotic looks. honestly it's a performance bargain at the price point. good luck in your search

Last edited:
I wanted to have enough money comfortably lined up to pay in cash. Which I do now. ....when the cars too expensive for me...well their list prices are too expensive. Kind of doubt they are actually selling for around list price.

low production anything is a market made by buyers and sellers...you have to do the leg work to find that car in your range. Everything is more expensive now...

I wanted to have enough money comfortably lined up to pay in cash. Which I do now. ....when the cars too expensive for me...well their list prices are too expensive. Kind of doubt they are actually selling for around list price.

I am currently in the market. I have spoken to every single dealer that is currently selling Gen 2 NSXs in the market. The majority of them are holding firm on their listing price even if their NSX has been sitting for months. They believe that there will be buyers.

Also, what you don't see are ones that are posted for sale for a day or two, and they are gone. 2019+ with well-optioned, low miles rarely sit in the market long. So, what you are seeing in the market for sale are either high miles, light options, too many owners, accident history, paintwork, etc.

I do not believe that the price will come down to the range you are looking for unless it has high miles with very few (or no) options.

The days of low-priced NC1s ended once they stopped production. It's too rare to depreciate much and I expect prices will hover around MSRP and likely creep up. Your only hope is if there is a major worldwide recession like the housing crash around 2009. That disaster also dropped the prices of Gen1 NSXs into the TEENS in some cases. Prices recovered fairly quickly, however. Other than that, you might be able to pick up a discounted wrecker re-assembled by some shady person on Ebay ("$20,000 paint job done by the best body shop who only works on Bugattis,"...one of those deals lol), but then, what exactly are you buying, you know?

Lol I love when the local Maco shop has a hand painted lambo/Bugatti on the sign!!!!!

I am currently in the market. I have spoken to every single dealer that is currently selling Gen 2 NSXs in the market. The majority of them are holding firm on their listing price even if their NSX has been sitting for months. They believe that there will be buyers.

Also, what you don't see are ones that are posted for sale for a day or two, and they are gone. 2019+ with well-optioned, low miles rarely sit in the market long. So, what you are seeing in the market for sale are either high miles, light options, too many owners, accident history, paintwork, etc.

I do not believe that the price will come down to the range you are looking for unless it has high miles with very few (or no) options.

I was in the same boat as you are now, back in 2019. At that time I was hoping for a dip to close 100k. I had every car web site push every change in NC1 availability to me. Actually I still get the emails. At that time the lowest sale I saw for a non-branded title was $107k on Ebay Motors. Never saw any completed sales below that. I did bid on a 2017, but the deal fell through in the teens. Ultimately, I found a local private sale near $120,000 for a 2018 which I jumped on. From that time (late 2019) I have not seen another NC1 sold for less than that. That's all you can do. Be patient, and when you see a relative bargain, jump on it. Good luck.

Nice! Yes, I would have bought at that price too. A local 2017 in the middle of 2020 ended up selling for about 108 at a dealer in Daly City.

I almost ordered a new one, but ended up being out of town for awhile due to the pandemic in 2020 and when I was ready to order a new one (base-ish config + 10k dealer discount at around 135k new), order books for 2021 had closed and there were no more slots left.

At the current used asking prices, I might as well get a new Lotus Emira (starting at 78k!), new Porsche GT4 or base-ish GT3.

Last edited:
Getting special cars now like the NC1 Type S or RS Porsche, C8 ZO6 ect is a combo of luck,speed,you know a guy, persistence... ect...Since the era of ICE is dwindling I'm thinking all these including the Lotus will hold value over time.

I think so too. Well if anyone is selling their Gen 2 NSX for a "reasonable" price and quick cash sale, let me know ;)

Saw this on another forum. They are asking $177K for Carerra S?!? This market is just nuts and relatively speaking NC1s are bargain.

266478157_10220546306153052_1625012221378720273_n.jpg

Last edited:
I’m looking to grab a (most preferably white) gen2 with ceramics. Would like to spend less than 150. No idea whether it should be 2017 vs newer. The updates aren’t terribly compelling… but my mind always tells me someone sold it, and it sat for months, for a usually undisclosed reason. Are there extended warranties for 2017s? Are all the 2022s spoken for?

There are factory extended warranty options, there are other threads on that topic

Getting a 22 looks like a wait and see situation

I’m looking to grab a (most preferably white) gen2 with ceramics. Would like to spend less than 150. No idea whether it should be 2017 vs newer. The updates aren’t terribly compelling… but my mind always tells me someone sold it, and it sat for months, for a usually undisclosed reason. Are there extended warranties for 2017s? Are all the 2022s spoken for?

If I recall correctly, you can get an Acura extended warranty IF the original 4 year warranty is still in effect. Otherwise you may have to go with a 3rd party warranty.

If I recall correctly, you can get an Acura extended warranty IF the original 4 year warranty is still in effect. Otherwise you may have to go with a 3rd party warranty.

Correct….. you can get (I did) an Acura Extended Warranty only if….. it’s still within the original OEM warranty.
I paid $4500 for a 3 yr/80k mi extended warranty.

Back