• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX for sale on EBay. Kind of suspicious!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...51134114577&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...CURA&searchRadius=0&listingId=329365420&Log=0

Above is a link on Ebay and Autotrarer regarding a 2005 NSX with a Comptech Supercharger.

I sent a message to the owner last night with a cash offer. He sent me back a rather odd response that he would not talk about or show the car until a deposit was made on Ebay. This is his response to my cash offer:

Dear rob4092xx,

Please don't bother yourself. I will not sell for anything less than advertised. I will not show car to anyone before paying the deposit through eBay. You must first email me your full name and phone number and address and ID copies (Driver license and Business info) and then after I verify who you are, I will give more info. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
kfparsi

I am not sure if this is a scam to get people to pay a $500 deposit or not. Just seems rather suspicious to me that someone isn't willing to talk about a $70k car until a $500 deposit is made. Please be careful!

Last edited:
I saw that ad and thought it was a good deal "as is". Even better if you could negotiate. Did you try to call him? His number: 408-874-8627 is listed on the autotrader site.

No because he made it perfectly clear that he wouldn't talk until I sent $500 and provided copies of my Driver's License and Business info. The phone number could be nothing more than a "throw down" from WalMart. I am not saying the ad is fake, just rather suspicious. Buyers preparing to lay down $70k for a car located out of state should at least be able to speak about it, get photos, etc., before putting down $500.

I would never provde a copy of my Driver's License and Business info to anyone I don't know. They could do some pretty big damage to my credit with this information should they chose to do so.

Based on this sentence in the Autotrader listing, my guess is that he's the legitimate owner of this car: "Can order independent inspection of the car with advance notice and coordination". Maybe he doesn't want to have to deal with joyriders and lowballers. It's also possible that dealing with him will be an unpleasant experience (or worse).

For an opinion of the car, you could always ask him where it's been serviced, and give them a call. Or, if you don't want to go through the seller, you could just try calling his local dealer (Los Gatos Acura) to see if they can tell you anything. If they don't have complete records, since this is a modified car, you could try the leading independent NSX mechanics in his area (Foreign Affair or Don's Hilltop) to see if they have any record of its service and/or an opinion of the car.

If you decide to take him up on his offer, the dealer and Foreign Affair are both close to him, and he shouldn't have any objection to having either one inspect the car.

Last edited:
Is it just me, or is this well-heeled collector in need of a remedial English class?

I am sorry NSXSFguy....what are you asking?

How is the weather in SF? It is miserable in Phoenix...suppossed to be 110 degrees today! Argh!

I am sorry NSXSFguy....what are you asking?

How is the weather in SF? It is miserable in Phoenix...suppossed to be 110 degrees today! Argh!

Seems like the guy that wrote the eBayMotors ad needs a remedial English class (spelling and so forth)... if he's gonna sell an expensive car, he should spend a little time on writing the ad...

It's a beautiful 82-dgrees here (on an island in San Francisco Bay).

Gotcha!

I envy your 82 degrees. My pool is 92 degrees right now which makes it uncomfortable to be in!

Yeah ask if he also wants a copy of your credit card numbers and bank accounts, and relatively recent photo and your wife's maiden name.

has this guy lost his marbles?

There's no way I'd give anyone a copy of my ID just to talk about a car.

Actually, I take that back. I'd send him this:

mclovin.jpg

Exactly! This was my point. I guess I am going to have to cancel the Ebay ad I placed this morning listing my 05 NSX at $100k and charging $250 to talk about it. Darn!

Yeah ask if he also wants a copy of your credit card numbers and bank accounts, and relatively recent photo and your wife's maiden name.

has this guy lost his marbles?

This is freakin' hilarious! Where do you come up with this stuff???

mclovin.jpg

mclovin.jpg

LMAO.... perfect... Oh I missed McLovin'!!!

Back