• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX "Friendly" dealers?

Ben

Experienced Member
With this week's announcement, I've decided to start looking around for a 2005 NSX before they are no more.

The local dealer here wanted $88K, and that was going through my friend who used to work at the said dealer. Obviously, they don't have a sense of what the NSX market has been like, since they are expecting people to pay sticker price.

Over the years, there have been a number of dealers that have been friendly to NSXCA and the NSX Community, and are more in tune with the market, but I don't know them off the top of my head. If you know of any, can you recommend them?

Also, if you own a 2004 or 2005 NSX, would you mind telling where you bought it, and how much? PM me if you don't want to post it.

Thanks!

interested in red/black? late august/september delivery... :biggrin:

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
interested in red/black? late august/september delivery... :biggrin:

I haven't decided on the color yet, but I've narrowed it to Grand Prix White, Silverstone, or Long Beach Blue (Black interior for all).

Since production was stated as ending in December, do you know when the cutoff date to order one is?

There's a silverstone in Grand Rapids, MI at East imports (at least the last time I was there it had only moved 20 feet to another part of the showroom. I think they might deal. Go to www.eastimports.com try to find Linda on their website in the sales section. She'll be up front and tell you if there's any dealing to be had. I think they would deal though as the car has been there for at least three months if not more.

For what it's worth, i have no affiliation with them other than that's where i have my nsx serviced and so far they have taken care of me very well.

Edit, her email is [email protected] It was under the mazda page as mazda and acura share the same sales team in the same building.

Where are you located? That would help us provide the name of a dealer in your part of the country.

I didn't specify location, because I'm willing to have one shipped from anywhere, if the car and the price is right.

That said, I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Ben said:
I didn't specify location, because I'm willing to have one shipped from anywhere, if the car and the price is right.

That said, I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Obviously if you can buy one local for the same price as one on the east coast including shipping it would be more logistical to get the one locally. You might even find a new 04 for 73k if a dealer has one sitting around :wink:

Ben said:
Over the years, there have been a number of dealers that have been friendly to NSXCA and the NSX Community, and are more in tune with the market, but I don't know them off the top of my head. If you know of any, can you recommend them?
Take a drive up to Sacramento and talk with the folks at Niello Acura. They've consistently been one of the top NSX-selling (and NSX-servicing) dealers in the country, and have been very supportive of the NSXCA.

Does anyone have a specific contact person to talk to at Niello?

Ben said:
I haven't decided on the color yet, but I've narrowed it to Grand Prix White, Silverstone, or Long Beach Blue (Black interior for all).

Since production was stated as ending in December, do you know when the cutoff date to order one is?
Are you nut, Ben??!! Of course the Grand Prix White!!! :biggrin:
Steve

Keep those friendly dealer references coming! :)

My friend talked to another local dealer today, and they also want sticker.

I hope it's not one of those things where they are banking that the end of production will draw people out of the woodwork, and jacking up the price. :mad:

Sterling Acura in Austin, TX is where I bought mine. I had difficulty dealing with the local dealers. Rick Huber was my contact person. I leased mine and they gave me the price on the advertised terms of the lease. They were very helpful. That being said, there is a Silver/silver (I know you said black interior) on showroom in Colorado Springs at Pike's Peak Acura. Was very disappointed with them when I purchased mine, but they have been great with service and with organizing NSX get togethers etc. So, I'll give them first shot at my new NSX/HSC purchase when it's out. Good luck.

Ben said:
Keep those friendly dealer references coming! :)

My friend talked to another local dealer today, and they also want sticker.

I hope it's not one of those things where they are banking that the end of production will draw people out of the woodwork, and jacking up the price. :mad:

$85k work for you? RED/BLACK-sept delivery...

the white one seems like a good buy... id try for $70k but that me :biggrin:

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
Not that I need another NSX, but the white one sure looks tempting. If it had a black interior, it would have been perfect for Ben.
Steve

comquat1 said:
What did east imports tell you they wanted for the car?

I didn't ask them yet. I'm going to exhaust the local possibilities first. Right now, I'm inquiring at the local dealer where my mechanic works.

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
$85k work for you? RED/BLACK-sept delivery...

I'm pretty sure I don't want red. Sorry! :tongue:

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:

Yeah, it is not bad, but I definitely don't want a tan interior. :(

Should anyone be interested in the white/camel, it's about 15 miles from me, and I may go look at it for the fun of it. My 98 is red/tan and the other combination I would have settled for is white/camel.

Neil

Back