• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX front and rear calipers on my Civic

So, maybe things are different in the car world....but.....wouldn't you need to change the MC to get any real performance gains out of those calipers???

So, maybe things are different in the car world....but.....wouldn't you need to change the MC to get any real performance gains out of those calipers???
i dont know how much performanc gains he needs with MAYBE 100who and 80 lbft trq in a 2600 pound car:tongue:

Nice fabrication work, but cross drilling the rotors would make it look even better.

actualy this kid "brakeexpert" flames people on h-t for having cross drilled or slotted rotors, saying theyre horrible:rolleyes:

i dont know how much performanc gains he needs with MAYBE 100who and 80 lbft trq in a 2600 pound car:tongue:

actualy this kid "brakeexpert" flames people on h-t for having cross drilled or slotted rotors, saying theyre horrible:rolleyes:

Enough already. You've made it a well known fact that you have some online argument with him. Get over it...move on.

Sorry to bring this back, but to clarify for those who didn't hate this project.

The Civic came with anywhere from a 13/16" diameter MC upto a 1" for the Type-R in japan. Because of the larger piston sizes, you would want a larger MC bore to get a better pedal travel. The MC doesn't affect the performance of the brakes, more it affects how much you push on the pedal to get the pressure applied to the piston. Its a basic hydraulic system. But with the stock sized master cylinder, the pedal would be near the floorboard before the brakes started to really stop. I went with the 1" because the pedal stroke shortened so its not super firm, but its within reason to modulate. An appropriate fitting as the NSX itself also uses a 1" MC.

That is cool, so have you noticed any improvements?

Well for one the brakes are essentially fade-free, you can't overheat em. The balance is great now that I ditched those horrible Exclaim tires and sensibly went back to Toyo. They are excellent, and the weight increase isn't that bad as I'm not using OEM 97+ NSX rotors up front, they are a bit heavy for my engine. The rear brakes are heavy but thats okay.

Yeah I remember picking up the stock rotors and they are heavy for those little donuts.

I had toyos on my prelude before and they are too noisy.....but in fairness they were rubberband tires....

Try the starspec z1's...I am on them now and liked them better then the falken 615s.

Can’t see pics but how did you get the rear NSX calipers to fit? I have a full set and want to installed them on my 98 civic

Back