• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Fun Day July 1st

Red

Legendary Member
We've set up a special day for all NSXers!!!

Come out to Bowmanville/Mosport, we'll have special technical performance driving classroom sessions, you can drive your car on the skid pad if you like, have lunch and get out for a ride with me or Rob ( or Dave if he's not too chicken) in our NSXs for a sense of the driving experience on the track.

Bram did it last time and I think he'll confirm he had a great time! This time we have about 10 people who've told me they're coming, join the group!

Contact me, or Peter and we'll get you "in the know" - both of us are happy to answer questions and help you make it out.

Peter Hanson
c/o HANSON International Advanced Driving School
Tel: (416) 540-2995
hanson_gtr (at) sympatico.ca

Cost for the day is $50

See you guys there round lunch! :wink:

I'm surprised we don't have more guys coming - what kind of stuff are you doing tomorrow that you think would be better than hanging out with the NSX crowd and talking cars, driving fast and eating lunch???

Stu - whats the deal for lunch only? Sean and I are next door but want to come by and see everyone at lunch and we WANT TO EAT!!!!

Get some guest lunch tickets for us and we will pay you back.

Call Peter and arrange it! Otherwise he won't have food for you!

Peter Hanson
c/o HANSON International Advanced Driving School
Tel: (416) 540-2995
hanson_gtr (at) sympatico.ca

I emailed Peter. 0853 on Monday morning about lunch for Dave and I.

Hey NSX Club Members! Why not see if Peter will let you come for lunch too?

We could have an awesome get together!

What a great day!

It was good to see everyone at lunch.
It was great to see Sean loving his and my GT3 so much.
It was ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING TO SEE STU GO OFF TRACK IN HIS NSX!

Just goes to show you that even the slowest, worst drivers of all can go off on the DDT and their beautiful NSXs are not harmed in any way. The DDT is a great place to learn how to drive these fantastic cars; Stu should spend more time on it instead of talking smack on PRIME.

Last edited:
What Dave said is sooo hard to believe, because everyone knows Stu doesn't track his NSX!

I had a great time today. It was awesome to see everyone out there stretching the legs of their NSXs! Al was over on the GP track with his 91 roaring around as well.

The best part of our little club is clearly the people. Always nice to chat with you guys.

Stu - thanks for the shady retreat!

PS. I love my GT3.

Last edited:
Sorry to miss the outing. Anyone took pics (both tracks)? Especially the ones with Stu going off DDT? I thought instructors are not suppose to do that. Stu, what do you have to say for yourself? Don't tell us you drove over oil spill left behind by Dave.

What a perfect day for the track. I took the car to the beach (Ashbridges Bay), and what a mistake that was. Traffic was backed up all the way to Carlaw Ave at 1130am. Almost everyone in/out of the city wanted the beach/waterfront today. Should have joined you guys at Mosport.

Love to see some pics.

Last edited:
OK, for starts, "go off" you mean I drove over the turtles and got on the grass a bit? Big woop, at least I was driving the car hard!

The guy driving the spec miata (turbocharged, I might add) who has raced professionally, was so loose that at one point we were coughing up dust as he went off! And, BTW we did pass him, although, pound for pound the Miata is a great car, I don't know why Dave kept asking the guy if he could get on in Pink?:confused:

For comments on my relative speed, I look to witnesses who were out with me, Henry's son, his friend, Bram, etc.

For comments on Dave's speed, I will leave it to Vanessa, who said Dave drove like a girl:tongue:

Sorry, no picts or anyother form of evidence just yet, Lucas will likely post a bit:smile:

Great day! Thanks again for the ride Sean, your GT3 is amazing.

Enjoy the pics,

Lucas

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 27
I will take you out next time Lucas. Justifiably, Sean was driving around at 3/10ths all day (as I would have in his shoes). But that is still 15/10ths in Stu's shoes!

Stu said that it was still his fastest ever trip around the track and that he was amazed that Sean was ripping it up so soon and that he needed his cool suit and his Ferrari garb!

No pics from DDT?

Sean, how fast did you bring your car to on the back straight?

I wasn't shifting out of 4th. So I got up to 220kph and had 1000 rpm left. The amazing thing was how fast I got to 220!

I will take you out next time Lucas. Justifiably, Sean was driving around at 3/10ths all day (as I would have in his shoes). But that is still 15/10ths in Stu's shoes!

Stu said that it was still his fastest ever trip around the track and that he was amazed that Sean was ripping it up so soon and that he needed his cool suit and his Ferrari garb!

You guys should come to the Ferrari Club weekend, you can hang out in my lounge and hear Dave talking about how fast he goes, I especially like it when he makes the car sounds, "I was vrooom going down turn 2 and I pressed the gas a bit and the car went vrooooooom" you just have to stay a bit back cuz he spits a little when he does hard acceleration with the supercharger at max boost (I have a feeling its 'cuz he's never actually HEARD that sound):tongue:

It is true, you guys should all go to this weekend avec Stu. Just beware when he goes to show you his 3 showers, that he's looking for company in there.

:eek:

Don't the Ferrari guys just put on their Ferrari uniforms, put around the track until their car breaks, sip lattes and talk about how Porsche owners ruin a nice day? :biggrin:

It was cool to see all the NSXs there though on Tuesday. I still love watching them go around the track. You guys should ask Dave for a ride in his on the Grand Prix track. A supercharged NSX unleashed is something else!

Don't the Ferrari guys just put on their Ferrari uniforms, put around the track until their car breaks, sip lattes and talk about how Porsche owners ruin a nice day? :biggrin:

They either do that, or they trailor their car there, drop it into the premier spot in pit lane, suit up in their rediculus garb but never go out because brake pads cost $10k! But their cars sure are pretty.

Green track, how come no one is out?

Nice shot as always Lucas.

Dave, you need an SOS stealth license plate bracket!

I want to live a Ferrari lifestyle to. Trailer my pretty car to the track, bitch about spending $12k on my brake pads, dress up like Michael and drink San Pelligrino.

Then drive my Porsche to the track and actually drive another day.

Back