• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX GEN2 break issues

Omg this is crazy, need you guys to tell me if this is even reasonable or possible. My break been acting weird and pretty much all the lights that has to do with the break came on. Decided to bring it back to dealer and this is what they told me

VERIFIED VARIOUS LIGHTS ON AND POOR BRAKING PERFORMANCE . CODES STORED ARE ALL RELATED TO BRAKE SYSTEM. U0418-68 ESB/EBB FAILURE, VSA MALFUNCTION , C0049-7A BRAKE FLUID LEAK OR SEAL FAILURE . DID VERIFY RUBBER SEAL ON BRAKE FILL CAP SWOLLEN AS IF FLUID CROSS CONTAMINATION POSSIBLY. PERFORMED VARIOS INSPECTION RELATED TO BRAKE FLUID FLOW AND BYPASS , BLEEDING. ELECTRICAL TEST PERFORMED ALL POINTING TO INTERNAL FAILUE OF BRAKE BOOSTER CONTROL UNIT , RECOMMEND REPLACEMENT OF UNIT , IF PERSISTS NEED TO REPLACE VSA CONTROL UNIT ALSO . ONCE FAILED ELECTRONIC UNITS ARE REPLACED NEED TO PINPOINT BRAKING CHARACTERISTICS. RECOMMEND BOOSTER UNIT REPLACE FIRST THEN VSA

The VSA modulator is $3041.75 +tax , the ESB unit $1489.40 +tax, bleeding entire brake lines $675.00 +tax. Total $5206.16 +tax.

Does this sounds about right or am I the only think this is crazy expensive? Thanks 🙏

Not to be snide or anything, but this is why I am buying an Acuracare extended warranty before my original bumper to bumper expires next month. These cars are very reliable, but very technology (expensive) driven. I don't want to worry about it. I have gotten quotes for a 5 year/80,000 mile 0 deductible extended warranty for less that this bill you have incurred. Good luck with your fix.

600$ for bleeding brakes is outrageous, theyre just screwing you at this point because its an expensive car. If it were a chevy camaro with carbon ceramic brakes, a brake bleed would still be under 100$ at a local shop. DOT4 brake fluid is DOT4 brake fluid.

Asking to replace parts for that price tag THEN diagnosing again means they dont have proper test equipment. This is whats known in automotive terms as "shotgunning" or guessing. Its a good way for mechanics to make a lot of money on you without guaranteeing to just replacing the failed part or parts.

Try another dealer.

UnkoWang, We are talking about a Acura Dealership? Which one? Also what year is your car and how many miles on the odometer. I had my brakes flushed and the cost was $150 At my Acura Dealership. Prices could be a bit higher Now. What kinds of braking issues were you experiencing prior to taking the car in? Also was your 12 volt battery ever changed?

Back