• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX-GT in SuperGT (JGTC) program officially canceled

:mad:

You can thank the new 2010 Super GT rules for this. All GT500 class cars must now be of an FR configuration. Since the NSX is MR, Honda has officially canceled the NSX-GT program because it no longer qualifies.

Thanks Super GT. :mad:

Honda will announce a replacement for the NSX-GT soon. S2000? The canceled(?) FR NSX successor?

The last race for the NSX-GT will be on Nov 7th.

Weak.

--Conrad

Source: http://supergt.net/supergt/news/2009n/gt091023001.pdf

It gets worse and worse. What are they going to run? An Odyssey? Hey, maybe they could run it powered by used deep fryer oil they collect from local McDonalds. Next thing you know, Ito will be announcing the next gen Fit to feature in JGTC and when it gets trounced by the GT-R and LF-A he'll tell us that Honda is pulling out of JGTC becuse it is not "green" enough for Honda. Gawd, I'm going for a drive in my NSX now...

Last edited:
I could very well be wrong but I think that if Honda really wanted to throw a stink about the rule of no MR cars being allowed, they would and the rules would change. Honda just doesn't want to do it.

Since they have no car outside of the RL and TL with any sort of sporting intent (and the RL is questionable), I'd wager either of those are the cars they'll be competing with next year. I'm not sure the s2k is big enough to house the c32 engine (which I believe they can still use in another chasis).

I heard they are moving the series towards naturally aspirated V8s, so no forced induction. Not sure if its true.

Sad,I'll miss those wild exotic screaming GT-500 nsx's:frown: hopefully they will still be campained in other series.Heck maybe someday I'll be able to find a nice LHD roller and let driving ambition put a nice 500hp motor in it.:biggrin:

That sux. What are the teams saying about this new reglement? I can't belive they are going to eat this without some protest!

I want to buy a retired GT500 NSX now. :)

Pretty sad... my bet is the Acura TL.

Subaru is bringing their Legacy into the game, so it would make sense.

i collect nsx jgtc models and of course loved to see them racing in the series, however those cars are like nascars, which besides the fiber glass/CF body that looks similar to our road cars. Everything had been modified to the point that could classified as a diff. car.

yeah, they could snapped an odyssey or even insight body to it

I could very well be wrong but I think that if Honda really wanted to throw a stink about the rule of no MR cars being allowed, they would and the rules would change. Honda just doesn't want to do it.

Since they have no car outside of the RL and TL with any sort of sporting intent (and the RL is questionable), I'd wager either of those are the cars they'll be competing with next year. I'm not sure the s2k is big enough to house the c32 engine (which I believe they can still use in another chasis).

Reminds me of the Spoon RL/Legend. I'd like to see that or the new TL at the track.

object>

Reminds me of the Spoon RL/Legend. I'd like to see that or the new TL at the track.

That video is hilarious. At the end of each driver's session, they were challenged to try to make the car spin. They could not do it. You could see Tsuchiya get it to slide for a moment, but then the stability control would straighten it out. He was noting that you could run the safest race ever for seniors with that car.

That would mean there will be a number of 'used' GT500 NSX's on the market soon...Let's get them over here and see if Pobst can pass one of those.

Already tried... Honda are currently being stubborn and are saying no. They do not wish to share the cars with a risk of providing competitor's intelligence. What there is to hide in a defunct car, i'm not sure :confused:

Anyway, i'm going to keep trying to get one.

Already tried... Honda are currently being stubborn and are saying no. They do not wish to share the cars with a risk of providing competitor's intelligence. What there is to hide in a defunct car, i'm not sure :confused:

Anyway, i'm going to keep trying to get one.

I know you guys have been creating your own pseudo gt nsx but if you could score the real deal......:eek: BTW I'm sure there are plenty of scatered old gt-500 rollers lurking in garrages/shops all over Japan/Asia.Would make a nice work vacation:wink:

Unfortunately most JGTC/Super GT cars don't exist as the carbon tubs were used for later cars. Almost unforgivably, the remains are scrapped :frown:

Back