• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nsx History

I am looking at a 1991 acura nsx , and when i ran an autocheck (similar to carfax), it only showed its history from 1996 and on....I have ran tons of carfax-autocheck reports, and it always seem to show the first year or so and on....

Has anyone got something similar when they ran a report, is this normal?

chytaan said:
I am looking at a 1991 acura nsx , and when i ran an autocheck (similar to carfax), it only showed its history from 1996 and on....I have ran tons of carfax-autocheck reports, and it always seem to show the first year or so and on....

Has anyone got something similar when they ran a report, is this normal?

My 92 reads the same... I havent inspected the car in about 2 yrs and neither did the previous owner. The car was in storage and no records have been send to CARFAX. Nothing out of the ordinary.

That is kind of odd....I would agree that it should show when it was sold, unless it had been sitting unsold until 1996!! :eek:

Even though its a 91, records only show from 96 and on. Showing it has couple of titles in 2 states, with the title in 96 showing a lein ( i am assuming because he moved from a one state to another). He seems to be an honest person when we talked on the phone. He says that he is the original owner and he got paperwork and records to show when he bought it.

But the fact that it only shows records i.e (titles, registration and mileage) from 96 and on, concerns me a little. ??

chytaan said:
Even though its a 91, records only show from 96 and on. Showing it has couple of titles in 2 states, with the title in 96 showing a lein ( i am assuming because he moved from a one state to another). He seems to be an honest person when we talked on the phone. He says that he is the original owner and he got paperwork and records to show when he bought it.

But the fact that it only shows records i.e (titles, registration and mileage) from 96 and on, concerns me a little. ??

Remember that CarFax is by no means the 'end all be all' of information. If the guy has proof in paper that he bought it and it looks legit, it is probably okay. Just do your homework and use common sense.

I just called couple of dealers, and found out he (his name matches the person who bought the car new), so he is the original owner of the 91 nsx. That gives me some relief.

Its just that there were no records on carfax, when the car was purchased (title,registration) or any prior records before 96, and it showed couple of titles/registration in 2 states since 96, which threw me off.

thanks.

Back