• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX in El Salvador?

I travel to El Salvador a few times a year and the guy I work with here says there is 1 red NSX in San Salvador. Are you on Prime?

My parents just returned from El Salvador and while they were there sharing pic's my cousins boyfriend asked about my NSX on one of the pictures and stated that in El Salvador there was only one that he knew about; When my father told me what he said I got on you-tube and found a video of what looked like a stock red na1 driving trough the street's of El Salvador, so it looks like there is at least one which does not surprise me as I have encountered a few high end cars when visiting El Salvador, there is a "F" car dealer in El Salvador and of course their sales are very low but it's there.:smile:

My parents just returned from El Salvador and while they were there sharing pic's my cousins boyfriend asked about my NSX on one of the pictures and stated that in El Salvador there was only one that he knew about; When my father told me what he said I got on you-tube and found a video of what looked like a stock red na1 driving trough the street's of El Salvador, so it looks like there is at least one which does not surprise me as I have encountered a few high end cars when visiting El Salvador, there is a "F" car dealer in El Salvador and of course their sales are very low but it's there.:smile:

Yes I believe that F car dealership was at the Gran Via shopping center but it moved somewhere else now. Next time I am there I will ask around a little more.

I've been told it belongs to Hugo Barrera. Next time you're down there ask your associate about him. He's well-known.

He is the President of ACES, the equivalent to our AAA here although more of an enthusiast club:

http://www.aces.com.sv/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=21&Itemid=55

I was born and raised there and I used to read their monthly. It was one of the few publications (except for imports such as R&T and C&D) where one could get his fix of motorsport news. Jody Scheckter? Tyrrell? That's how long ago this was!

He was also the long time GM of Productos Diana (the salvadoran Frito-Lay).

The F-dealer is also the Maserati dealer and you're right, the showroom was at Gran Via at one point.

Last edited:
I just checked out the link; memories, I lived out there for 6 years and my father would take me to the track weather it was auto racing or street bikes, back in the days when a guy with the last name of Jamsal dominated El Jabali in his Alfa and my dads friend dominated in sport bikes, good times.

What is an expat?

it is short for expatriot ,meaning someone who leaves thier home country to become a citizen of another,in our vernacular it has negative conotation,as it is given to those who leave our country because of some gripe with our system,or more commonly it is to escape taxation,arrest warrant,or because you just burned too many bridges.

Back