• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX info for everyone

Ok so I have been following the market for a while and I knew this was going to happen. It was simple economics and business errors that created this situation. With that being said here is a bunch of info for everyone and my thoughts.

The NSX was and is not a failure. The car is a success. The MSRP was not the issue. The delay of the launch, forced allocation (too many units produced) and marketing were the “failures”. It took 6 years to get the car right for release and a lot of the hype died down by the time it actually hit. Couple this with forcing dealers to take extra units besides the vehicles that were preordered created excess supply. Especially the dealers in the middle of nowhere that had no place being allocated units for sale because they have/had 0 demand for such a vehicle. To top it all off many of the publications didn’t fully understand the vehicle and gave it undeserving labels.

Anytime you flood any market with too much supply it will have an inverse effect on the price. I believe we have seen the bottom. Funny reading the other thread about where people wonder where the bottom is because it is a lot like a stock forum. People in there bashing the car or saying there is no end in sight yet once the dust settles they will talk about how they just got one and what a great car it is.

This opportunity to get in these cars for the type of money they are right now is something I don’t think we will see again for a long time. Acura has now decided to make the vehicle available on an order only basis. Yes there is some higher priced units still readily available, but the amount of units out there now is at a more manageable level.

If you are planning on leasing a NSX currently which is probably the best course of action here is the key info you need to get the best numbers.

Residual values (months/mileage per year)

36/10k 54%
36/7500 55%
36/5000 56%

24/10k 59%
24/7500 60%
24/5000 61%

Money Factor (MF)

.0018 is the best you can get for Tier 1

There is the ability for up to 30k in downpayment assistance from Acura if you lease or finance for a minimum of 2 years. You can pay off the loan early and retain the $30k. For people who want to pay cash, just finance then pay it off.

The kicker on the $30k is the way the program works is a little bit of a mystery. I have been fed numerous stories on how it works. The end result is that the $30k is not set at $30k but at a lower number of $20k. Basically there is a pot of funds allocated to each dealer based on their NSX sales performance and they can pull or push extra money towards whichever cars they choose to and that number can not exceed $30k.

Many dealers claim that they do not have the ability to do the full $30k anymore because they chose to allocate the funds to other cars that have already sold.

I read the other thread where people were talking about the discounts they received and I feel that most of them were spot on besides the claim of someone getting $65k off. I do not believe this claim unless someone can show me the numbers and proof.

Over the last few months I have contacted over 100 dealers. I spoke with the decision makers of nearly all of them. It took a lot of time to weed through the bs and get to the meat and potatoes.

After going through the process I went through I was able to get some great offers but out of the 100+ offers only 3 came down to numbers I found maximized the potential deal where they offered a good discount off of MSRP, gave the full $30k and agreed to the lowest MF.

$200k car for $140k
$205k car for $146k
$178k car for $127k

The max here being the $200k car. It was a 15% discount off of MSRP followed by the full $30k incentive pushed it to a full 30% discount off the MSRP (in theory).

Last edited:
Yes I leased one.

Demo in theory but pretty much a new car. The “exposure” program allowed dealers to title the cars to let people in theory test drive drive them. For some of the cars this just meant the owner drove it or they took it to a car show.

The cars I am talking about had under 100 miles besides 1 car which had 400. I did see quite a few with 1k-3k miles. They should of been giving those cars away imo, although they weren’t.

Last edited:
Congrats roundtable, mind sharing us your lease deal? Can you list some dealers that were easy to deal with? Thanks
im in the searching process at present. Thanks

Ok so I have been following the market for a while and I knew this was going to happen. It was simple economics and business errors that created this situation. With that being said here is a bunch of info for everyone and my thoughts.

The NSX was and is not a failure. The car is a success. The MSRP was not the issue. The delay of the launch, forced allocation (too many units produced) and marketing were the “failures”. It took 6 years to get the car right for release and a lot of the hype died down by the time it actually hit. Couple this with forcing dealers to take extra units besides the vehicles that were preordered created excess supply. Especially the dealers in the middle of nowhere that had no place being allocated units for sale because they have/had 0 demand for such a vehicle. To top it all off many of the publications didn’t fully understand the vehicle and gave it undeserving labels.

Anytime you flood any market with too much supply it will have an inverse effect on the price. I believe we have seen the bottom. Funny reading the other thread about where people wonder where the bottom is because it is a lot like a stock forum. People in there bashing the car or saying there is no end in sight yet once the dust settles they will talk about how they just got one and what a great car it is.

This opportunity to get in these cars for the type of money they are right now is something I don’t think we will see again for a long time. Acura has now decided to make the vehicle available on an order only basis. Yes there is some higher priced units still readily available, but the amount of units out there now is at a more manageable level.

If you are planning on leasing a NSX currently which is probably the best course of action here is the key info you need to get the best numbers.

Residual values (months/mileage per year)

36/10k 54%
36/7500 55%
36/5000 56%

24/10k 59%
24/7500 60%
24/5000 61%

Money Factor (MF)

.0018 is the best you can get for Tier 1

There is the ability for up to 30k in downpayment assistance from Acura if you lease or finance for a minimum of 2 years. You can however pay off the vehicle after 6 payments and still retain the $30k credit.

The kicker on the $30k is the way the program works is a little bit of a mystery. I have been fed numerous stories on how it works. The end result is that the $30k is not set at $30k but at a lower number. Basically there is a pot of funds allocated to each dealer based on their NSX sales performance and they can pull or push extra money towards whichever cars they choose to and that number can not exceed $30k.

Many dealers claim that they do not have the ability to do the full $30k anymore because they chose to allocate the funds to other cars that have already sold.

I read the other thread where people were talking about the discounts they received and I feel that most of them were spot on besides the claim of someone getting $65k off. I do not believe this claim unless someone can show me the numbers and proof.

Over the last few months I have contacted over 100 dealers. I spoke with the decision makers of nearly all of them. It took a lot of time to weed through the bs and get to the meat and potatoes.

After going through the process I went through I was able to get some great offers but out of the 100+ offers only 3 came down to numbers I found maximized the potential deal where they offered a good discount off of MSRP, gave the full $30k and agreed to the lowest MF.

$200k car for $140k
$205k car for $146k
$178k car for $127k

The max here being the $200k car. It was a 15% discount off of MSRP followed by the full $30k incentive pushed it to a full 30% discount off the MSRP (in theory).

sir so you are saying that in 2018 the nsx will be an order only and there won't be any 2018 nsx at the dealers for us to buy is that correct

Yes I leased one.

Demo in theory but pretty much a new car. The “exposure” program allowed dealers to title the cars to let people in theory test drive drive them. For some of the cars this just meant the owner drove it or they took it to a car show.

The cars I am talking about had under 100 miles besides 1 car which had 400. I did see quite a few with 1k-3k miles. They should of been giving those cars away imo, although they weren’t.
What was the lease, I have a friend interested.

sir so you are saying that in 2018 the nsx will be an order only and there won't be any 2018 nsx at the dealers for us to buy is that correct

Correct. This is what numerous Acura reps on various levels have told me. I assume this could change, but currently that is the plan.

Congrats roundtable, mind sharing us your lease deal? Can you list some dealers that were easy to deal with? Thanks
im in the searching process at present. Thanks

Thanks!

$200,700 car for $169,900

$5300 drive off (1st month, dmv, acquisition, and tax on the $30k incentive)

36/10 and .0018 mf

$1450 with 9.5% Cali tax payment

All of the deals I had on the table those cars are gone. There are a few dealers that might of changed their stance but they never messaged me back so I am unsure of where they sit.

There is a fairly easy deal to be had on a silver car in Cali but it is a good deal but not a crazy deal. It could be had with ease though.

$174,500 car. Sale $160,000 then $30k incentive to put it at $130k.

If you register it in Cali you save on the dmv because they registered it as a demo car but put no miles on it. The car has 24 miles.

Source Silver/Black

Has no carbon options and no alcantara roof on the interior.

This could be had I believe it was $4kish drive off and $1540 payments with 36/10k and .0018 mf. If you did 36/5k a year probably would be more like $1440 a month.

TBH the carbon isn’t what it should be for the money imo. On my car the front lip has spots on it already from rocks hitting it. They look like white water marks.

There is the ability for up to 30k in downpayment assistance from Acura if you lease or finance for a minimum of 2 years. You can however pay off the vehicle after 6 payments and still retain the $30k credit.

This part makes no sense. I keep hearing that you have to keep the loan for X months. My dealer told me all 24. If you had to give the money back, it would equate to a prepayment penalty, which is illegal for a consumer loan in the US.

I asked my dealer several times to show me the fine print that supports the claim (the subject was changed every time), and read every word of the documents that I signed. I'm paying mine off the day I get the loan number from Honda finance, unless someone can prove to me that I cannot. My suspicion is that the dealer loses their indirect lending kickback if it pays off early, which is fairly common, and is a decent chunk of money on a car this price.

This part makes no sense. I keep hearing that you have to keep the loan for X months. My dealer told me all 24. If you had to give the money back, it would equate to a prepayment penalty, which is illegal for a consumer loan in the US.

I asked my dealer several times to show me the fine print that supports the claim (the subject was changed every time), and read every word of the documents that I signed. I'm paying mine off the day I get the loan number from Honda finance, unless someone can prove to me that I cannot. My suspicion is that the dealer loses their indirect lending kickback if it pays off early, which is fairly common, and is a decent chunk of money on a car this price.

No clue. I was told the incentive is only valid if it is there for 6 payments. Let me know what you find out. I don’t think it would be a prepayment penalty as opposed to a stipulation for you to keep the $30k they are giving you.

Man I don’t get why some of my posts never appeared. Sucks having to type this stuff over and over.

$200,700 MSRP
$169,900 sell
$30k incentive
$5300 driveoff (1st month, dmv, acquisition and 9.5% tax on the 30k)

36/10k 54%
.0018 MF

$1442 payment with 9.5% Cali tax

I want to private message you a question about your lease but I can't seem to figure out how to send a private message. :confused:

Numbers posted seem logical...JM2C...I could be wrong....

Source Silver/ Red w CCB's, ELS/ Technology Pkg w XM, Semi-Aniline Lthr & Alcantara POwer Sport Seats, Alcantara Headliner (UGH, not worth the upcharge :frown:) and Interwoven Wheels (UGH, not worth the upcharge as they do not improve the car :frown:) at $126.48K....FWIW :biggrin:

Last edited:
Source Silver/ Red w CCB's, ELS/ Technology Pkg w XM, Alcantara Headliner (UGH, not worth the upcharge :frown:) and Interwoven Wheels (UGH, not worth the upcharge as they do not improve the car :frown:) at $126.48K....FWIW :biggrin:

Where is that one?

In my garage...hehehe

Back