• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX interior car stereo?

Hi All,
I just received my Dec. 2001 issue of Sound and Vision magazine. There is an advertisement for a new magazine called Car Stereo Review's Mobile Entertainment. The premiere issue has a picture of an in-dash DVD player (the screen is showing Halle Berry as Storm, from the movie "X-Men") with two DIN receivers, in what looks like a NSX. Are my eyes deceiving me? If they aren't, does anyone know whose car this is?

[This message has been edited by Yawwn (edited 20 November 2001).]

After doing some more internet exploring, I found the article.

cinematice.jpg

switche.jpg

Unfortunately, I do not have a picture of the cover of the premiere issue of this magazine which has the blow up of the center console.

However, this is the complete article... http://www.m-emag.com/features/features.html?featureID=21

acuransxsmall.jpg

musicale.jpg

It is a very clean installation. Does Danny Fairchild, the owner of this car, frequent NSX Prime? I'm sure a few of us may have questions for him regarding his beautiful stereo system.

That car has been in a few mags before. He has had the system in for a couple of years, very nice work, but if you see the whole dash he has a crazy center speaker mounted right in the middle of the dash like a big alien head? Different and eye catching to say the least.

if you see the whole dash he has a crazy center speaker mounted right in the middle of the dash like a big alien head

as you can see from this photo from Lud's site:

Pc030008.jpg

Thanks for the info guys!
I'd have to agree with you SNDSOUL. I don't know about that huge center channel on top of his dash. Even those tweeters at the base of the A-pillars seem a bit obtrusive. But I do like the mesh grille of the subwoofer. In any case, it's great that people have the enthusiasm to do what they want to their cars.
Happy Thanksgiving!

[This message has been edited by Yawwn (edited 22 November 2001).]

He also has tweeters mounted in the side air vents (you can see it in the photo). I like the CD changer mounted in the passenger seat; very creative use of space. Having seen his car in person it is clear he has put an ENORMOUS amount of time into the project and paid a lot of attention to detail.

i saw that car in a show a year ago its brooklyn green with rm racings hood looks o.k. but i'm not sure why he has speakers and neon in the trunk, looked like he needed to bye a mini-van if he wanted to put that kinda stereo in a car. i had to laugh when i saw the car was pluged into a wall socket to run all the equipment.

Ahh... I see the tweeters now Lud :) That seems a very effective use of space in the car. I wonder how much the vents mute the highs, since it will have to travel through the door? I'm sure it sounds great, since he's taken all this into account.
Have any of you seen Mike "Chromatose" Niday's setup? He's got this great amp setup for the trunk of his car, that he displays for local car shows. I think he's won a few prizes already. He has some pics of it at http://northwest.nsxca.org site. Click on "Club Cars", and then "Michael Niday". Mike has ~125k miles on his CT SC chromed and polished NSX, and yet sooo beautiful for a car with such mileage. In fact, Mike and Vytas' cars are the most flawless examples of NSXs I've ever seen. Do you agree, Andrie?

Wow this is a very difficult, sonically intelligent and mighty ugly install.

Wow this is a very difficult, sonically intelligent and mighty ugly install.

Notice the tweeters in the AV vents. Once the door closes the audio plays through the door vents. Not the best for imaging, but I guess it works instead of putting holes in the dash or door panels. Also curious about the fiberglass along the A pillars. Are those additional tweeters?

Notice the tweeters in the AV vents. Once the door closes the audio plays through the door vents. Not the best for imaging, but I guess it works instead of putting holes in the dash or door panels. Also curious about the fiberglass along the A pillars. Are those additional tweeters?

OMG... Not in the door vent but in the section that feeds the door? That's so wrong...

Look at the install. Do you really think "not putting holes in the dash" was a concern here? That'd be like a 400 pound girl not wanting to wear white pants cuz it would make her thighs look wide.

Back