• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nsx lowering springs : height difference between the brands

Beginning yesterday, I became a proud owner of a 96 nsx-t. The car came lowered with some h&r springs on stock shocks. The lowered stance with h&r is too low to make it on my driveway. I want to see if you guys would chime in and share your experiences with ride height differences with the different brands that's out there.

Tein - 0.7 front / 1 rear
Eibach 1.2/1.2
Tanabe 1.3/1.3
H&R - 1.5/1.5
Comptech - 0.9/0.9

I guess i I have to swap over from h&r to teins... Does anyone have any input on the ride quality of teins?. I also need to try taking off the wing west lip front lip..may be Itll give me enough Clarance for my drive way..

I guess i I have to swap over from h&r to teins... Does anyone have any input on the ride quality of teins?. I also need to try taking off the wing west lip front lip..may be Itll give me enough Clarance for my drive way..

I have an almost new set of teins I can sell you. Had them on for maybe 200 miles. If that. They're slightly firmer than stock but not much. Rode nice on stock struts. They didn't lower enough for me on my 18 19 set. I went to coilovers. 110 shipped if you want em.

Last edited:
Anyone have numbers/pics for the OEM Type-S suspension that SoS sells?

Anyone have numbers/pics for the OEM Type-S suspension that SoS sells?

Type-S is discontinued. I even checked with Honda Japan and it is no longer available. Unless Chris has some on the shelf, I think you are out of luck.

Consider OEM springs with Bilstein struts on the lower perch. If you're on the OEM 1996 original struts, these might have to be replaced anyway due to age and the increased wear due to the higher spring rates of the lower springs.

Bilsteins on lower perch = 0.875" drop
Bilsteins on upper perch = no drop

I have an almost new set of teins I can sell you. Had them on for maybe 200 miles. If that. They're slightly firmer than stock but not much. Rode nice on stock struts. They didn't lower enough for me on my 18 19 set. I went to coilovers. 110 shipped if you want em.

Gotta jump on this! I'm interested in TEIN springs If your springs are S TECH and S2kvee doesn't purchase/want them, I'll take them if you want to get rid of them.:smile::smile::smile: Let me know...

-DREW-

Gotta jump on this! I'm interested in TEIN springs If your springs are S TECH and S2kvee doesn't purchase/want them, I'll take them if you want to get rid of them.:smile::smile::smile: Let me know...

-DREW-

Ok you got dibs. However be aware you're 3rd in line. Sorry. Ill definatly let you know however if the parties ahead of you back out.

-DREW-

i bought a new set of ebay for $180 shipped. just letting you know if you miss this deal.

Thanks for the warning. The way I drive counterfeit springs would not be good.

-DREW-

Back