• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX mentioned a few times in R&T article

I was at the barber shop reading Road&Track's article on surveys filled out by Miata owners. Over the years R&T has created owner surveys for various makes and models. 2001-2005 Miatas did very well compared to other models.

The article mentioned that according to their previous surveys:
-The NSX ranked first in reliability.
-When asked if they would purchase the car again?" 93% of NSX owners replied yes (highest %).
-When asked if they felt they were overcharged for service at the dealerships xx% of NSX owners answered yes (don't remember the number but it was second to last in ranking)

The article that features nsx was the only reason I was starting to look at nsx.
Before that, I always think it's old, exotic and unaffordable by my standard.

Then one day, I decided to yahoo "nsx", it led me to this forum... My whole life was changed.

NSXDreamer2 said:
The article that features nsx was the only reason I was starting to look at nsx.
Before that, I always think it's old, exotic and unaffordable by my standard.

Then one day, I decided to yahoo "nsx", it led me to this forum... My whole life was changed.

Funny how that sort of thing can happen. OTOH, I've wanted one for years, my last purchased car was selected partly becuase of styling resemblence in some regards (96 Z28; integration of rear spoiler, general A and B pillar lines and windshield through hatch), now I have a 96 NSX to go with it... no comparison, obviously!

But the Z28 did cost a lot less new than I paid for the NSX used... ;) the latter being worth every penny and then some!

~Jon

I subscribe to R&T and keep all my back issues, so if anybody wants a scan of that owner's survey article (which boils down to A. no reliability issues, and B. every owner loves the NSX) just let me know.

I go back to work next Thurs, where I have access to the sweet mega-res scanner.

nicholas421 said:
-When asked if they felt they were overcharged for service at the dealerships xx% of NSX owners answered yes (don't remember the number but it was second to last in ranking)

None of these surveys were taken in Columbus then, that is for sure.

JEC_31 said:
if anybody wants a scan of that owner's survey article (which boils down to A. no reliability issues, and B. every owner loves the NSX) just let me know.
No need. It's already in the FAQ, here.

Thanks - save the trouble of digging through the pile of 'zines (which takes absolutely forver because I stop to read the good ones!).

That R&T owners survey article was what first got me to think seriously about buying a used NSX. I'm sure glad I saw that.

Back