• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX moments.....

MvM

Legendary Member
I was just wondering about the following....

Like many othere here the NSX is not my only car and is also not my daily driver (certainly not at this moment anyway). Which means you have to choose which car to take.
And then, sometimes, during your trip, you encounter a situation in which you are just thinking, 'Gosh, I am really in the wrong car right now', whishing you were in your NSX.

For example, like last week when I was overtaking a touring-bus obviously full of school-kids around 12-14 who where quite watchfull of the cars driving by. I vividly remember a similar situation a few years back when I was in my NSX overtaking a bus with young kids at perhaps 130 mph or so (very very empty road at that time). And it felt like the bus would just fall over from all the kids jumping to the rear- and side-windows to have a look at what they probably thought was some Italian-brand exotic.

Does this sound familiar to anyone ??

MvM said:
Does this sound familiar to anyone ??
Yes. However, I think of the NSX more frequently in situations in which I can't overtake in my other car, but I know I could in the NSX (such as when there is only a very short distance in which to complete the pass).

For me an NSX moment is when I am in my Denali and encounter an NSX :mad:. This type of encounter doesn't happen very often; but, when it does, I want to be driving my NSX.

MarkB said:
For me an NSX moment is when I am in my Denali and encounter an NSX :mad:. This type of encounter doesn't happen very often; but, when it does, I want to be driving my NSX.

me too

nsxtasy said:
Yes. However, I think of the NSX more frequently in situations in which I can't overtake in my other car, but I know I could in the NSX (such as when there is only a very short distance in which to complete the pass).
I thought of the exact situation today coming home from work. Three cars in front of me going at speed limit. An oncoming car in the opposite direction. How I wished I had my NSX an squeeze pass between the three cars and the oncoming car.

Back