• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX NC 1 door handle

I need a little help, I have a small question, noone in Germany can answer.

We have bought an NC1 2017, the eurpean version is basicly the same as the US version with some small differences.

Here the problem:

If you press the unlock button via remote control, the outer door handles pops out at US cars (user manual side 115)

(driver side door handle : 72180-T6N-A03)

The german version dont have this, means the door handles doesnt pops out, you have to push the front section of the door handle extra, than this part pops out.

I found out that the part number is germany is different (72180-T6N-J03)

The question is if I order these 2 US door handles and install it, if this function with the auto pop out is also available.

I assume, it will not, probably the wiring loom is different too, because our NSX NC1 has no main auto pop out switch in the glove box.
I wonder why and dont know the reason, but it makes no sense.
Getting in with the auto door handle folded out is much easier, just think of a woman with long fingernails.....not good for the paintwork .-))

I'm guessing there is a lot more to it than just the door handle. If you're worried about the paint, apply some PPF.

I'll see what I can do...

Try the following technique:
With the end of your index finger, apply a bit of pressure to the end of the door handle and then while maintaining pressure, pull your finger toward you.
The handle is then at an angle, becomes easy to grab/open the door, and there is no touching of the paint.

The question is if I order these 2 US door handles and install it, if this function with the auto pop out is also available.

I assume, it will not, probably the wiring loom is different too, because our NSX NC1 has no main auto pop out switch in the glove box.
I wonder why and dont know the reason, but it makes no sense.
Getting in with the auto door handle folded out is much easier, just think of a woman with long fingernails.....not good for the paintwork .-))
I doubt that they actually had different wiring looms for European cars, especially with the low number of units sent here. I suspect that everything should be there and a retrofit should be entirely possible. The omission more than likely is due to some European regulation.

That would mean that I have to remove the glove box and check the wiring behind. Maybe there is a blind connector for the on/off switch, which isnt installed yet.
When I will find that, it would be the first step. (only have to order the switch and install it)

The next, expensive step is to check why the door handles have different part numbers for US and euro version.
That makes no sense to me, but noone have an answer til now.

Thanks for all the advices, its a great community here.

Last edited:
I wouldn't read too much into the part numbers; they differ from country to country. I owned a Honda dealer in Canada and identical parts between Canada and the US had slightly different part numbers (usually the third to last letter - as is the case with you).

well, this all is very interesting, the idea with the European regulation is an option.
But: We have the new Honda e (electro car) into the showroom, also a german modell.

If you press the door open button at the remote, the same style door handles pops out at once.
So, if there would be a regulation, this car wouldnt have that, isnt it?

This is the car with the Honda H badge

Attachments

• 20200326_121350_1585241414906.jpg
    20200326_121350_1585241414906.jpg
    393.8 KB · Views: 8
I need a little help, I have a small question, noone in Germany can answer.

We have bought an NC1 2017, the eurpean version is basicly the same as the US version with some small differences.

Here the problem:

If you press the unlock button via remote control, the outer door handles pops out at US cars (user manual side 115)

(driver side door handle : 72180-T6N-A03)

The german version dont have this, means the door handles doesnt pops out, you have to push the front section of the door handle extra, than this part pops out.

I found out that the part number is germany is different (72180-T6N-J03)
I’ll be really interested to know what you find out. I’ve a UK car with no pop out handles either and no main switch. I was a little disappointed as I assumed it wasn’t country specific and does make it a little awkward. My Hyundai ioniq5 has automatic pop out handles almost identical to the NSX so I can’t understand why they don’t have them in the UK. Sadly very rare over here so not many people to discuss anything with.

So it looks like no 'Honda' NC1 has this nice feature.
I have to ask in japan for their version, I assume, they dont have it too.

I can only confirm that the European Honda NSX don't have door handles which pop up.

Even if I don't particularly miss it after 6 years of ownership It would be interesting to find the reason(s), and also if the Japanese NSX has it or not. Please let us know if you find out.

Dear KAZ, thanks.
I'm sure that we will find a way til next spring, that this very nice and usefull ACURA NC1 feature also will work on the Euro spec cars.
If you drive the car and have to open it very often, it really sucks.
Sure that owners here in Europe wanna have that.

Huh, I disabled that feature day 1 and have never turned it back on. Don't miss that feature in the least.

I have UK spec NSX and can confirm the handles do not pop out. There is also no switch in the glove box to activate or disable this function like there is on the US spec cars. There is only the switch to disable the engine cover release
There is however a blank next to it where the door handle switch should be so I popped it off to have a look if there was any wiring connector’s behind it hoping it may just be a case of buying the switch and plugging it in but sadly there is nothing behind it at all. Just an empty void.
I suspect they are not permitted due to some kind of UK/EU safety regulation relating to the possibility that someone walking past could catch themselves on it if it was sticking out.

Back